Answered

Android phone app

1. The new Android app was uploaded to my Pixel Pro 7 phone last night.
  2. While I can see the Sonos playlists I had previously created they are all faded out, I no longer see a list of the songs on the playlist.  If I click the three lines, I’m given a page that has nothing on it but “Replace Queue”.  When I click that, music starts playing from top of list. What does Replace Queue do?
  3. Can I control daily updates from phone app or just the PC (Dell PC).
  4. The music I listen to is on two separate drives on my PC.  The phone app lets me see the music under artist, album, or song choices but can’t scroll through 9K songs using a scroll bar on the right side as that no longer exists.  Can use finger to scroll.  Has anyone at Sonos tried doing that - it is unacceptable.
  5. Can’t add songs to Sonos playlists from phone app.
  6. Is there a problem with the phone app having a new icon but the PC hasn’t changed - does that mean something has not been updated.
  7. Diagnostic ************

Moderator Note: Recorded and removed Diagnostics number. Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

icon

Best answer by michealbraydenn 9 May 2024, 16:39

View original

8 replies

It sounds like you're encountering a few issues with playlist visibility and navigation. Regarding your question about "Replace Queue," it essentially refreshes the queue with the selected playlist. As for controlling daily updates, you should be able to do that from both the phone app and your PC.

The inability to scroll through your extensive music library via the scroll bar is definitely frustrating. Have you tried reaching out to Sonos support directly about this? They might have some insights or solutions.Regarding adding songs to Sonos playlists from the phone app, that should be a feature available. It might be worth double-checking if there's any update or setting that needs adjustment. The new icon on the phone app doesn't necessarily indicate an issue with the PC app. Sometimes, updates roll out separately for different platforms.

It sounds like you're encountering a few issues with playlist visibility and navigation. Regarding your question about "Replace Queue," it essentially refreshes the queue with the selected playlist. As for controlling daily updates, you should be able to do that from both the phone app and your PC.

The inability to scroll through your extensive music library via the scroll bar is definitely frustrating. Have you tried reaching out to Sonos support directly about this? They might have some insights or solutions.Regarding adding songs to Sonos playlists from the phone app, that should be a feature available. It might be worth double-checking if there's any update or setting that needs adjustment. The new icon on the phone app doesn't necessarily indicate an issue with the PC app. Sometimes, updates roll out separately for different platforms.

Did it resolve your issue? @johnnweiss 

I did speak to Sonos support after 45 minute wait (unusual as they have been prompt the few times I’ve used them in the past.  They acknowledge the problems and say they are working to fix them and will be doing so in “delayed releases.”  They suggested using search field instead of scroll but that does not seem to work on my PC resident songs - just the Internet.

Hope they resolved the issue ASAP! Regards, Luxusny Bungalov

After losing all contact with my Music Library in every app - Old PC, new PC, and phone, which killed my ability to use Sonos to listen to my local music, yesterday everything came back.   I was able to use the old PC app to link to my PC hard drives where my MP3s are stored and all three apps can see the files.  The phone app still needs a lot of work, but apparently Sonos is trying to get back standard features removed from their new apps and so I am just going to be patient for awhile.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times.  Powered the phone off and on.  Several of my favorites are greyed out.  They work fine on PC and iOS.  Not on Android.  Waited 48 minutes on chat, no help!

I did speak to Sonos support after 45 minute wait (unusual as they have been prompt the few times I’ve used them in the past.  They acknowledge the problems and say they are working to fix them and will be doing so in “delayed releases.”  They suggested using search field instead of scroll but that does not seem to work on my PC resident songs - just the Internet.

Badge

that is happen, sometimes when a new update is pushed out, it come with a temporary issue, already team Sonos working hard to make the app more compatible with every update, I can recommend you use the old 1 or 2 versions, I know the app store called null48 maybe you can find sonos last 2 versions, then after 2 weeks, i things the issue will be fixed. just install the main version and enjoy.

Moderator edit: link removed