external services in sonos app: titles of liked songs are trimmed to a specific length

• 16 April 2024
  • 3 replies

When opening FE: soundcloud likes in the sonos app it does not show the full title of a song/liveset.

See 500 - the boom room and 503 - the boom room. Would it not be possible to show the title scrolling horizontally un the app?

3 replies

Not sure if it makes a difference, but who is the streaming company you’re showing?

I’m wondering if it is Sonos not scrolling the title, or the streaming company not sending the information. Instinct suggests the former, but it might be the latter. I’d want to check on both a tablet, and a desktop, to see if the title is truncated, or scrolls. That might be a good test. Then I’d want to submit a system diagnostic, and call Sonos Support to discuss it. That way, they’d have some hard data to pass on to the engineering team. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Try on an iPad or desktop, you will see the full name. The truncation is done because its on a tiny phone screen.

If the Sonos app supported landscape mode you could see more.

My Windows app uses tooltips to show the full name of things when they are too long even for a PC-sized display.

It,s an iphone. When i want to start music at the pool on my sonos move i don’t want to specifically grab a tablet. Landscape mode would be great. Is there a way to request a landscape mode at sonos? The app is soundcloud, but the same “issue” also occurs for my DLNA server (library)