Question

Local Library is completely missing with app update

Userlevel 2
Badge

My S2 Android app updated itself overnight ( I thought I had turned auto update off but I guess not)

Now I cannot see or play from my local library. Some of the items that were saved to favorites are there but greyed out. I’ve seen others complain about losing search for their libraries but mine is just gone. I saw one thread that mentioned having to locate the library as a “source” but I’m just not seeing it.

When I talked to a support rep via chat, he told me that local library support is just gone for now. Is that really true? Can anyone who still can at least play songs from their library explain how to locate it on the android app?

The only computer I have regular access to is a work-issued machine so installing the windows app isn’t an option.

4 replies

Same issue here. Android app updated last night even though auto-update is off. Favorites are all there, but greyed out so I can’t select them. I can play a favorite station if I search for it and play it directly from the search results. I cannot find my library anywhere on the android app. Not even a button or link to it.

I have the desktop app and it works just fine. So my system is usable.

Tried calling Sonos help line and they said the wait was 35 minutes. After listening to the annoyingly repetitive music and announcements for 15 minutes, I hung up. I have a feeling many others are experiencing this issue today.

Same issue here also. I don't see how to turn back this update. I hope they fix this soon, otherwise i return al product to the store.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Sonos corporate clearly doesn’t give a crap about its customers

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

The update schedule suggests mid-June for a return of functionality.