Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Title says it all.

Android.

“Manage Networks” does nothing.

Screenshot of Useless App

9 replies

Userlevel 3

They decided to release their app without basic functionality and now expect you to either wire your system or factory reset everything to change your network.

Sonos app version 80.0

The Sonos app’s ability to update your Sonos system’s WiFi credentials is temporarily unavailable. It will be added again in a future update.

Use one of the workaround methods below to connect your Sonos products to a new WiFi network or provide a new WiFi password.

https://support.sonos.com/en-gb/article/connect-sonos-to-a-new-router-or-wi-fi-network

How this got released I’ll never know.

Following. Same on my system, nothing listed under Manage Network. Also, Trueplay doesn’t work, Alarms are missing and the distance setting on the surrounds is missing.

Also getting nothing in Manage Networks settings page.  Tried adding sound bar via wireless but it failed (wouldn’t connect to sonos wireless network) so I set it up via ethernet (moved sound bar to temporary location) and it added to app but now I can’t switch it to wireless.

This new app is very non-intuitive not mention all the bugs.  

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Rolled back on Android and left Post-It notes everywhere the missus might look reminding her not to update her iPhone.

We’re moving soon; hopefully I will find a way to run speaker wires unobtrusively and can go back to a real stereo system.

Also getting Manage Networks screen with no network listed even though I am listening to music hard wired to my router.

Sonos please fix the issue's.

The app is useless at this moment.

Resetting the system to switch networks isn't an option.

Userlevel 2

Same issue here – Manage Networks page blank on iOS. Spent the last 4 days factory resetting 7 Sonos devices, all of which fail to register and are unusable. Managed to get the Sonos Arc connected via Ethernet, but there’s no working method or option for switching to WiFi. How could a company as big as Sonos screw over its customers with a busted app that breaks hardware functionality?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

And now the “old” app doesn’t work. AND it has locked me out of the system - it won’t allow me to sign in until I update? Screw you guys.

“You may have limited functionality until the update is complete”? Just imagine the limited functionality once it IS complete.

This system was barely functional before. And now it just is a brick. This is not hyperbole - Sonos is the biggest waste of money I’ve ever shelled out. I have spent so many thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours and I just want to listen to my records. I hate it so, so much.

Same issue, extremely annoyed.

Sonos - FIX THIS!!