Answered

Setting Alarm with Latest App Update

Userlevel 4
Badge

Having updated the Sonos App I’ve spent an hour trying to find the Alarm settings. I swear it’s missing!  Please tell me where I can find them.

icon

Best answer by schwar92 12 May 2024, 21:55

View original

75 replies

Userlevel 3

WTF Sonos?!!  

You need to roll back ASAP until you fix these issues.  Not having alarm access is unacceptable. 

Userlevel 3

Damn! Roll back 😡

Userlevel 2

🤔 Back from vacation where I have set some alarms and now back with the new app and cannot turnoff the alarms

What a s… update. Now I need to turn the hole system off🤬😡

Userlevel 2
Badge

Seems obvious that the ´alarm’ function is needed and appreciated

Userlevel 2

Time to ditch Sonos and switch to a brand who does give a * about their customers. 

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

Userlevel 3

Please add the alarm function to the app urgently. It's the most crucial feature of the system! And if you do, please make accessing this feature easier than in the old version.

Userlevel 3

I have an alarm set at 5am which I switch off on the weekends. Since the update I am unable to switch the alarm off or adjust the time. How can I switch it off? This is ridiculous and annoying. 

Userlevel 2

Alarm is a critical feature. Please fix this urgently 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

If you have a Windows or macOS computer, the Sonos desktop client can still create and edit alarms.

(I agree it’s a real head scratcher that the new app was released without alarm support).

I think right now you have three options. If you use an Android, you can risk the danger of sideloading the old app. You could download the desktop app, and apparently manage them from there. Or, you can unplug the Sonos device, since the alarm lives on the device, and not on your controller. 

Userlevel 3

Hi Bruce. I tried it from my desktop but still can’t see any way to control it. Speakers are wall mounted and I have hidden the power points in the ceiling. It’s a pain to switch them off and it then means I cannot listen to any music. The new app really sucks. Appreciate you trying to help. Thanks 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Sonos ENGINEERS PLEASE 🙏 PLEASE 🙏 REVERT BACK

THIS UPGRADE IS CAOTIC

FAKE AND * UPGRADE

What the hell application did they do? I'm fed up with this new version of the application. Nothing but NOTHING WORKS WELL where is the good old SONOS application? please……. Honestly what a * UPGRADE

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

Userlevel 2

The new update is a disaster.  Bring back the old app until it is fixed.  This alarm situation is a mess.  In any case, I’m pretty sure I’m done dumping cash into a system that can become so unreliable with a single update. Seriously y’all?

Userlevel 2

🤔 Back from vacation where I have set some alarms and now back with the new app and cannot turnoff the alarms

What a s… update. Now I need to turn the hole system off🤬😡

If you have the app on a laptop it seems you can still edit alarms there. I did. It's at the bottom right side of the app screen. I contacted Sonos and they are saying May 21 for alarm and sleep timer access. What a bad management decision!

I have an alarm set at 5am which I switch off on the weekends. Since the update I am unable to switch the alarm off or adjust the time. How can I switch it off? This is ridiculous and annoying. 

I had the same issue but was able to switch the alarm off via the windows app where alarm control is still available,

Userlevel 3

Yes, it's possible, but it's frustrating to switch devices for a feature that could be accessible on every device. In my view, a new app should focus on improving usability while maintaining essential elements. 😉

Userlevel 2

This update is totally unacceptable, the fact that having installed it with all its shortcomings, it is not possible to re install the last S2 version is utterly ridiculous. Really disillusioned, annoyed and disappointed with SONOS!

Please sort this NOW! if not, this needs being publicised all over social media to warn anyone thinking of investing in SONOS equipment.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi Bruce. I tried it from my desktop but still can’t see any way to control it.

Look in the lower right hand corner of the desktop client. There is a flat rectangular button (which isn’t obviously clickable) labelled “Alarms”.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’ve just updated to the new iOS app on return from a vacation and now find I cannot access my alarms although I can see them on my Windows app.  That just isn’t good enough, Sonos.  You can’t just remove access to important personal information because, well I don’t know, you thought it might be fun?  Also can no longer access the means to set a sleep timer either. 

Userlevel 1

How can I turn off or adjust alarms? 

I can't do that anymore and I use alarms daily!

I have to basically unplug and shut down all my speakers until this issue gets fixed.

I also can't seem to edit or clear my queue effectively.

I don't seem to be the only one with these issues.

Can we reach out to the CEO of Sonos and ask him to take ownership of this set of problems immediately???

Userlevel 1

Not sure what’s wrong at Sonos, but this is very bad sign to release software that loses commonly used functionality.  I hope management fires the people who were responsible for this horrible decision to basically release beta / MVP version of app, as if it was there ever release of the app.

I actually just gave away my older Connect:Amp away, so am in the process of deciding on a new network audio streamer.  I was leaning towards getting the newer version of the amp from Sonos, but with this disaster of a release, makes me wonder about Sonos and their services, products and support going forward.  This new release decision makes me seriously question the whole company.  The reason I consider sticking with Sonos is that they’ve been solid, at least up until now. I’m planning on waiting to see what transpires in the near future, then make a decision to stay with Sonos or move on.

Userlevel 1

Folks should start writing to the CEO of Sonos. I think this is the right LinkedIn profile for him:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/patrickspence

What a really silly update. Can't access alarms. Can't use sleep.

Why update?

I think right now you have three options. If you use an Android, you can risk the danger of sideloading the old app. You could download the desktop app, and apparently manage them from there. Or, you can unplug the Sonos device, since the alarm lives on the device, and not on your controller. 

Where is the MacOS app available?  It’s not coming up when I search for it in the App Store and the web app doesn’t seem to have an Alarm control either. 

In the past, it’s always been available at https://support.sonos.com/en-us/downloads, but I haven’t checked in a while. It’s never been in the Apple Mac store, to my knowledge.