THE NEW APP IS ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!!!

Userlevel 3

This new update is so bad I beg to get the old one back that was simple but so much better in every way. 

8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

After an automatic update to the new Android App, 80.xxx..., I understand that the alarm and snooze functions have disappeared. But additionally my Sonos favorites (podcasts) are unplayable. When I search again for a favorite podcast, I can see its chapters in the found podcast, but adding it to my favorites and trying to play it out of my favorites list always and without exception leads to an unspecific error message. On my wife's Poco mobile, the new app every time crashes right from the start. This is truly the ********* update I have ever received!

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

Couldn’t agree more….lost access to my own music library and no way to revert to previous version (iPhone) Obviously they have no clue what they have done at Sonos….Unbelieveable they could let this happen. New app shouldn’t have never been released - at least not until all features were part of the update. Frustrating and pretty miffed with Sonos at this stage!

Userlevel 1

DESTROYED usability of local media files in any useful way

historically i’d gone through folder view and selected/albums/tracks from there
Android 13, updated 10th May 2024

font is huge on a phone too

no ability to include local media storage in searches - abysmal

local media options continued:
cannot select entire albums to play, or queue multiple tracks.
you can only select a single track, and it will not then play the remaining tracks

if you find another  track it plays it immediately

selecting … gives no options to play

Userlevel 3

It is a 💩 of an app that Sonos should be embarrassed about and fix asap. I don’t have to list the long list of problems because you can literally read it everywhere from Sonos users. 

I can’t access NAS files over 300 CD’s 🤬

Userlevel 3

Sonos users just need to keep listing every problem and complaint about this new app version until they are fixed and make sonos gives a crap about the users that actually have to use this lipstick on a pig app. 

This new update is so bad I beg to get the old one back that was simple but so much better in every way. 

Amen!

Worst disaster since the Hindenberg. God rest their souls.