Do you like the new version 2024?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Please let the developer know your feedback!

13 replies

Not really.

Login problems. Nota having alarma and my services and the radio stations are not available.

Bad choice updating triste app

NO, I do not like the latest Sonos App v80. You’ve removed many of the key features that we rely on, such as Alarms, Sleep Timers, Playlists. There is so much scientific evidence supporting the importance of good sleep and Sonos just removed features that impair our sleep! Sonos is out of touch with its users. Without a properly functioning App the speakers are useless. 

Fast and Easy Solution: is to bring back the Sonos S2 Gold App, (the previous version) and allow us to use it until the App v80 is fully functioning. 

In the meantime, please inform the Sonos Community that you are hearing our comments and when all the previous features will be restored so we set expectations. 

Userlevel 4

No No and No!!!!   It’s missing core and standard functionality that you can read in most user feedback.  

I need to edit and manage many Playlists but can’t!!!  

Pls allow a rollback to old version asap.

Userlevel 5
Badge

The update is terrible and makes my system far less usable. Key issues include 

* Burying My Library

* Removing ability to search my library

* Making scrolling My Library more difficult

* Removing widget

* Giant images so far less info is visible on screen 

Huge fail by Product Management and/or leadership.  Why wasn't this vetted with  users before rolling out to the entire user base?   

Thankfully I was able to reinstall the prior version.  I hope that Sonos does not depreciate the prior app which has far better functionality.

Userlevel 4

Thankfully I was able to reinstall the prior version.  I hope that Sonos does not depreciate the prior app which has far better functionality.

Richard - how did you reinstall old version?  Thanks! 

This latest configuration of the app is an absolute nightmare. It's absolutely hopeless. 

PLEASE bring back a usable version!

Userlevel 2

Need to add back the alarm function & timer to turn a particular station off ( the 3 dots have disappeared!)

some stations not playing any more 

Userlevel 6
Badge

NO, NOT AT ALL!
vital functions lost, totally useless now. Paid a lot of money for all my Sonos devices and expect a good product, not this crap 😤

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

No, hate it.  Have posted about the removal of key queue features, but to add to this:

1. Settings are all over the place, rather than a single place for all settings, as previous
  2. Blanks screens
  3. “Something went wrong” messages
  4. Can’t find the system (and any speakers) for up to 30 seconds

It may have a future but it certainly doesn't have a present. That's the problem! 

Userlevel 2

I also hate it. The new functionality removes  almost all the good reasons which I liked about Sonos and not chose another system. If I knew this was the way to go for Sonos I would not ever buy it. Focussing towards streaming and services like Spotify(hello! not all the music in the world are on these services!)  and not be able to play local music files, playlists etc, makes the system worthless to me!

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

The update is a mess not usable at all.

please bring back the old gold version

for ios.

Or i will sell my Sonos speakers.

No!

There is no longer and alarm!

Not possible to skip songs from my playlist!

No random play possible!

Awfull!!!