Question

Elimination of Being Able to Play Android Music Library Through Sonos System

So, Sonos geniuses eliminated the ability to play your personal music library stored on an android phone through their app/speakers. Currently, you can only play your library music through their app via computer. And there are no plans to bring this feature back for android in future app upgrades (per their customer service). I’m assuming this is all because Sonos is most likely getting kick backs from streaming services to force people to use such services. Why else would this be eliminated? Please would someone from Sonos explain why such capability for Android users to play their own music library be eliminated? This is so counterintuitive it is beyond belief!

2 replies

I've just become frustrated because my music library stopped working. Very poor that its no longer configurable on my Android. Also just wasted time trying to manage my library on my Windows11. Finally trued my iPhone12mini to get messagectge controller needs updating. App hA just hung after download.

SONOS, you need to improve

This change, which occurred on Apple’s iOS several years ago, and a while back now on Android, was a requirement made by Google (Android) and Apple, and not a choice made by Sonos.