Question

Is there a way to rollback ios app to previous version ?

• 10 May 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Is there a way I can rollback the new sonos ios app that I accidentally upgraded to on my iphone/ipad ?

I would like to go back to the earlier version until all the bugs/glitches etc are fully resolved on the new app released in last few days.

5 replies

Userlevel 1

The new app is a complete joke hopefully we can roll back

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Nope. 

Install Sonopad or Sonophone. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks !

Thank you SonoPhone works like a dream

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Yes. Do a Google search on ‘GitHub iTunes Charles’. You’ll need a windows computer and older iTunes. That page contains the needed links to download. Follow the easy instructions and screenshots. 

I had to go back to 16.1 due to the missing features and general instability. While the 80.00.04 wasn’t great at all, the good thing about it was that I learned new things as I wasn’t aware it’s possible to rollback to an earlier app version in iOS (at least in certain situations such as this). 

if you don’t have Alexa-enabled devices but have Sonos voice devices, and like to ask for weather then enable the Location for weather in voice settings in the new app before downgrading. It continues to work after downgrading to 16.1. Not a huge feature (since I have Alexa, too) but that was one useful feature the new app brought.