New Sonos App

• 10 May 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I have just read this article about Sonos new app:  https://www.theverge.com/2024/5/9/24152675/sonos-new-app-bad-reviews-response-statement

Well, your spokespersons border on arrogance towards your customers. In my case I have spent many thousands of dollars with your Sonos equipment since the very beginning of Sonos in the early 2000s. 

And today here is a disrespectful gesture on your part towards your customers who have helped you establish yourself as a high-end company.

There was no notice before inviting us to download this new app and no apologies to customers since. I feel like an hostage now!  Worse, the company is arrogant by saying that “it takes courage”!! It takes stupidity.

Apart from the design of this new app, it's the biggest downgrade I've seen in my life in technology, it's downright retrograde.

What was the pressure to release this new incomplete app onto the market which is a big step backwards for users by removing the alarm clock function and access to our Library. This app is absolutely crap. it's crazy!  Are you suicidal??

Apologies and corrections would be appreciated because I am considering getting rid of my 7 Sonos devices following your arrogant actions. 

Andrew

5 replies

Userlevel 1

I agree. Unacceptable. I’m in the same situation. Nobody cares about us

Userlevel 1

I posted a similar message the other day and I was told it was deleted, removed for relevance. Thank you for posting this! Hopefully this won’t be removed and they will actually hear their customers’ issues with this new design - and fix them!!!  I have never seen a more counter-intuitive app. Shouldn’t changes and tweaks make it more user-friendly? What a waste of a great app and a great system. I really hope they fix this, or at least revert back to the other interface which was actually really easy to navigate.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

An absolute disgraceful and avoidable shambles. 

I have reverted to the previous S2 version and switched off automatic updates.

I was about to place an order for the new Move 2 but I won’t be doing so until Sonos can sort out this mess.

Userlevel 1

Hello, How do I get back to version S2? Thank you for your reply.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Scroll through the replies in this thread to find guidance on how to go back to the previous version.

Only works for Android, not Apple.