Question

new sonos app - no EQ access for non account owner

Hi I am looking for a way to return to the old Sonos app without resetting my iPhone.

Here is the problem: when we purchased our amp the app was set up with my wife as the system owner. I have my own Sonos profile and not being the system owner wasn’t a problem for me until today when I updated to the new Sonos iPhone app. As the non account owner I no longer have control of EQ which means I can’t control which speakers are on and off without signing in as my wife. This was not the case with the old version of the app.

The reason this is a problem is we have speakers in our Alfresco and Kitchen which I used to be able to turn on together, turn on just the kitchen by swiping left or just the alfresco by swiping right. This is now only possible if you are signed in as the account owner.  The two photos show 1. Me logged in as myself getting blocked and 2. the second photo is what can be accessed when logged in as my wife (the system owner).

I hope Sonos fix this issue!!!! 

2 replies

Userlevel 2

I am experiencing the same issue on both my Sonos Five and One which I’ve had for several years under the same profile.

Same issue for me and I’m the owner. It won’t let me update the app, I can’t find my system. 😔