Question

No services will play after v80 upgrade/reinstall - help!

New Sonos app v80 upgrade auto-installed.  After extensive effort, was able to see my 2xPlay:1 system and services but nothing will play.  I can see both speakers in ‘My System’, can set volume on each, browse connected services but pressing play does nothing. Edit: Android OS

Effort so far:

Brought up app - no devices detected

Factory reset 1 of 2 Play:1 speaker - successfully connected and played connect tones.  System showed speaker as unregistered, pressed ‘fix it’ and process ended with app message to power cycle the speaker if not showing in system.  Power cycled - still not showing any devices.

Factory reset 2 of 2 Play:1 speaker - successfully connected and played connect tones, registered same as above - speaker 2 of 2 now showing in the system without errors.  Tried to play from Sonos Radio, no response.  Volume moves and updates in app and with speakers manual button volume up/dwn.  Play button does nothing, stays a play icon. Tried all other services (Spotify, Audacy, Pandora, Spotify) all allow browsing but will not play (same).

Factory reset 1 of 2 Play:1 speaker a second time - successfully connected and played connect tones.  registered same as above - both speakers now showing in the system without errors.  Tried to play from Sonos Radio, no response.  Volume moves and updates in app and with speakers manual button volume up/dwn.  Play button does nothing, stays a play icon. Tried all other services (Spotify, Audacy, Pandora, Spotify) all allow browsing but will not play (same).

Uninstalled and reinstalled Sonos app v80.  Joined existing system, same failure mode as before reinstall.

Tried system/manage/transfer system ownership wizard, completed successfully, still have the same failure mode as before running wizard.

Speakers are connected, play connect tones, can have volume adjusted via app or speaker volume buttons, services are connected and browse-able, cannot play. 

Diagnostics sent (***********)

Moderator Note: Diagnostics number recorded and removed. Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!