Reinstall old app on Android and get access to your alarms again

Userlevel 2

Unstall version 80.x from your device

You can download Sonos App version 16.1 as an APK-file here:

https://en.softonic.com/download/sonos/android/post-download

When the file is downloaded - and you have selected Install, you will be promptet to allow app installs  from Unknown Sources.

When install is done, you should change tha above setting back to disable app installs  from Unknown Sources.

18 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Thanks  - v16.1 installed and working fine :) It actually seems like an upgrade compared to the ‘update’ hot mess :(

It’s at times like this I’m glad I went with Android!

Best way thank.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Oh wow, thank you so much!

Installed and auto update disabled, but I'll keep the file just in case.

Never has one file made such a big difference. I couldn't sleep easily last night after being confronted with a broken Sonos.

Thank you - life saver ! Sonos has really messed up this time !!!!

Userlevel 1

Bless your heart!! Sticking with the old for now. Now to turn off automatic updates. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks man!

it saved my system.

First post here since the 80.x does NOT play my local music anymore. It always crash when I try to play from NAS.

UPDATE to 16.1 fix the issue. The 80 socks...

I wish this was possible on iOS..

You are a saint!

Thank you so much. The new app is terrible! I can't believe they actually broke things like NAS drive support that were working fine. 

Doing this has saved the day, now back to working perfectly. thank you so much

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Thank you, it saved my system. I was ready to put it on roadside after the so called update. I've been for more than 40 years in the IT business and I've seen quite a couple of flops. Remember Windows ME … It was a complete mess, but compared to the latest Sonos App, it was near brilliant.

So bad that the Sonos management doesn’t read this forum. They should instead of beleiving that they know so much better than their customers. They should remember that they have that job because, as customers, we are buying their stuff.

You my friend are a champion amongst men. 

Thank you! I’m so happy to have the old version back so I can use my music library again!

Unstall version 80.x from your device

You can download Sonos App version 16.1 as an APK-file here:

https://en.softonic.com/download/sonos/android/post-download

When the file is downloaded - and you have selected Install, you will be promptet to allow app installs  from Unknown Sources.

When install is done, you should change tha above setting back to disable app installs  from Unknown Sources.

Thank you so much for sharing the link and how to install. Glad to have the previous version again that gives me smooth access to my personal music library on Synology NAS where I can again browse through the differents maps and play full albums. Very very very satisfied with your post!!!

Thanks legend.

The old app is soo much better!  What the he'll were they thinking.  Nothing worked properly at all.

Going back to the old version saved my system.

Do better SONOS.

Great solution.

You made me very happy.

IMPORTANT: Block auto-update after this job otherwise you will be stuck with this malware again.

Installed S2 for Android v16.1 from download link above and it is working great. Thanks for making this available!

Badge

thx, that was so heplful, you my hero.