Question

TuneIn on new iOS app is a disaster

Userlevel 3
Badge

My TuneIn Library of stations, (which Sonos is calling Favorites) is only showing a partial list, with big icons and partial names that show nothing for URL-entered stations and no way to change the name or enter new URL-stations.  So now I can’t tell which is which, and more than half are just gone.  

I have entered a lot of premium-paid JAZZRADIO.com, CLASSICALRADIO.com, ROCKRADIO.com  and DI.FM stations manually, and now I can’t see them or change them.

Luckily (ha!) I can still get to them and make changes on the old desktop app, which I will never “upgrade” unless this all gets fixed.

8 replies

This is not just the IOS app. I’m getting the same result with the Android app. Very frustrating. My custom URL stations are just greyed out in the new app, I can’t play them from there.

The is obviously an issue with the new app because the custom URL streams work fine in the Windows app still.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I had the same problem.  With the new app I couldn’t play any TuneIn stations on my favorites list.  I had to reauthorize my TuneIn account, and then add back in all the stations I previously had on my favorites.  And it worked, although it was difficult for whatever reason to reauthorize.  But once that was done, I was easily able to add back in my TuneIn stations onto my favorites list (and I then deleted the ‘old’ TuneIn bookmarks on my favorites list.

I had the same problem.  With the new app I couldn’t play any TuneIn stations on my favorites list.  I had to reauthorize my TuneIn account, and then add back in all the stations I previously had on my favorites.  And it worked, although it was difficult for whatever reason to reauthorize.  But once that was done, I was easily able to add back in my TuneIn stations onto my favorites list (and I then deleted the ‘old’ TuneIn bookmarks on my favorites list.

can you tell me how to do this? i authorized the new tunein app. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

If you have authorized the new Tunein account, go to Services, and then select ‘TuneIn(New).  Then type in the radio station you’re looking for in the search box.  Once you find the station you want, click on the station.  The you’ll see a circle with 3 dots in it.  Click on that and you’ll see “save to Sonos Favorites’ with a heart symbol in front of the text.  Click on the heart and you’ve saved the station to your favorites.  Now if you go to the favorites, the station you just saved should be there, and you should be all set.  Don’t forget that if you had had saved the station before you upgraded to the new add you should delete the OLD favorite (it’s not working anyway), keeping the new station favorite.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I don’t know what Sonos did with the new update to the Android app, but most of my favorite stations are grayed out (except 2). Only when I start playing the station from my PC, the previously grayed out station becomes active and it plays. I can’t start it from the phone though. The whole GUI is confusing. Someone missed the ‘testing’ step before releasing this update.

I find the overall quality of the Sonos app sliding down gradually.

I am having similar issues. I’ve always edited the names of my favorite stations names in order to arrange them in my preferred order and grouping. Can no longer do that. Many SXM and Calm Radio stations are also missing. I’m able to restore them, although not in the location I want them. 

Can no longer access my French radio via TuneIn through the new Sonos app. I manually added the URL in the TuneIn app as a Favourite, but can’t see it in the Sonos App. The interface is not super user friendly either. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

The more I use this new app the more problems come up. 

1. I can no longer control the volume using the volume button while the app runs in a background. 
  2. Almost every time I open the app, I get different interface (!!!). Just now, I got the screen with the option to be enabled if I want to see the recently played stations. Why on earth you want to ask me for that? Any software has it built in by default. You probably could disable it somewhere in the settings if you are so paranoid. I closed the app and reopened, the question is gone and I can see the ‘recent’ list no problem.
  3. Very often I get a short lived splash screen showing that ‘No system found’. It goes away and a normal GUI shows up. And sometimes I get this ‘No system found’ and I can’t do anything about it unless I restart my phone.
  4. When I play the mp3 files stored on my PC, the skip next/previous buttons are grayed out. In fact, I can’t even scroll forward within the track either. No such option available. 
    When music is played from the PC, this option is there.
  5. The app loads only one file at the time to the Queue. It used to load the entire content of the folder into it. It doesn’t cycle through the rest of the files. Why ??? (the PC app does it properly). So much for using it for the party. You’ll have to select the files all night just to have “fun” LOL

I’m sure I’ll discover more questionable behaviors of this app soon enough. 

I hope this message gets to the development team somehow.