Answered

Sonos 1 app and Google

• 5 May 2024
  • 1 reply

My Google Nest works fine, responding to my voice.  My Sonos works fine and has an Alexa Dot attached to it.  I am trying to make my Google Nest play/respond through my Sonos system.  

Due to the age of my devices, I am running the Sonos S1 Controller on my Android.  When I choose Services and Voice and under Voice select Add a Service, I am given a choice to select Google Assistant.  However, when clicking Add Google Assistant, nothing happens. Sonos has been added in the Google Assistant app directly. 

Suggestions?

icon

Best answer by Sotiris C. 6 May 2024, 15:13

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @Gary_84, welcome to the Sonos Community!

There’s a limitation when it comes to adding multiple Voice Assistants on a Sonos speaker. While you can have Amazon Alexa and Sonos Voice Control (S2) on a Sonos speaker set up at the same time, it is not possible to have any other Voice Assistant with Google Assistant.

What happens if you try the below:

Under Settings > System > Products > Tap on a room you’d like to add GA > Under Voice: make sure Amazon Alexa is not already set up there > Add a Voice Assistant.

You could try rebooting your S1 controller (smartphone/tablet) and the target speaker as well.

You can always contact our Support Team, as they can guide you through the process live.

Let us know if that helped.