Answered

Arc turning TV off TV

• 31 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello everyone,

My current set up: Sonos Arc SL, Apple TV (latest gen) and an LG OLED65CXPUA. I also have the latest HDMI cables.

Issue: TV will turn off randomly at times, most notably when watching YouTube TV. Sometimes it will make a buzzing noise and the TV turn itself off and at times it will take a couple minutes to come on. Other instances it will come back on in 30 seconds.

I have tried everything under the sun to try and fix this issue. Turned off CEC, turned off EARC, switched HDMI cables and even ports, power cycle, etc. I’ve come across other TV such as Sony and Samsung having similar issues even without an Apple TV. Was there a recent update that broke something with the connection with other devices? This makes watching anything almost unbearable.  I would say within an hour of watching TV the does its little reset at least twice and as much as 4 times. If anybody has a solution or a possible way to roll back a certain update please let me know.

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 1 April 2024, 01:47

View original

2 replies

From a Sonos perspective, as you are easily able to reproduce the issue, go onto immediately submit a Sonos system diagnostic report from within the Sonos App, note it’s reference and then contact/chat with Sonos Support Staff via this LINK and see what the Staff can perhaps suggest to resolve the matter.

However, it sounds to me that it’s more likely an issue/fault linked with either your LG TV, or Apple TV, but start with Sonos Support and see where that leads.

I have a Sonos Arc setup with an older LG C9 TV & Apple TV and that’s been working fine.

From a Sonos perspective, as you are easily able to reproduce the issue, go onto immediately submit a Sonos system diagnostic report from within the Sonos App, note it’s reference and then contact/chat with Sonos Support Staff via this LINK and see what the Staff can perhaps suggest to resolve the matter.

However, it sounds to me that it’s more likely an issue/fault linked with either your LG TV, or Apple TV, but start with Sonos Support and see where that leads.

I have a Sonos Arc setup with an older LG C9 TV & Apple TV and that’s been working fine.

Thank you for the prompt reply. I’ll give that a shot.