Answered

placement of Era 300 and sub 3

• 9 May 2024
  • 1 reply

I have a Sonos arc two errors  300 and a generation three sub. According to a picture that I saw the subwoofer was in front next to the TV and the two eeros 300 Speakers were towards the back. 

Is this the correct set up for both the subwoofer and the arrow speakers for not only music but home theater sound?

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 10 May 2024, 02:47

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

The Arc has front right, center and front left channels.

The 300s have the rear right and left channels.

For Atmos that changes a bit but the speaker positions don’t change.

The Sub placement is a bit different as it is fairly non-directional. You should try multiple places in your room and decide which sounds best to you.

In general, in a corner gives more sound but possibly uneven in different seating spots. Along a flat wall, more even but less sound. You can try multiple positions along the wall looking for a sweet spot. Near an opening to another room, usually less sound, how even it will be you have to try it and see.

I haven’t tried flat but if you have a spot where you can try it and get power to the Sub I’d sure try it.

I have a cloth cover over the Sub’s ports to prevent critters or kids from adding rattly things to the Sub’s innards.

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/guides/sub

Select a location

Choose a location—Sub is designed to provide optimal sound wherever you place it.

• Use the acoustic slot as a handle to lift Sub out of the box. You should always bend your knees when lifting heavy objects to avoid undue stress on your back.
  • Make sure at least one side of the slot is free from obstruction. If you place it vertically against a wall, don’t block the front opening.
  • If you place Sub horizontally on the floor, don’t put anything on top of it. Leave at least 1" clearance along the top of Sub if placing under furniture.
  • Sub is designed to sit on the floor. You can place it in a corner, against the wall, behind, under, or next to any piece of furniture on any kind of floor surface.
  • Position Sub either vertically or horizontally. If you’re going to use it horizontally, you can attach permanent felt feet. See Attach feet (optional) for more information.