Radio keeps cutting out....

• 28 March 2017
  • 1 reply

Badge
Sonos system had been working OK up till about a week ago and now cuts frequently when using radio.. Has something changed to cause this as its extremely frustrating!!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

From what I've seen here on these boards, "radio" cutting out is usually a symptom of either interference causing your speakers to lose "connection", or duplicate IP addresses, causing the same thing.

First thing, and easiest to try, is to power cycle the speakers. Then check to see if there's anything that might be causing interference close to either your wifi router or your speakers. I'm operating under the assumption that you're using your own wifi, since you didn't specify that you had a speaker or Boost/Bridge wired to your router.

Second, try changing your router's wifi channel. It may be that there's interference from a neighbor's system that is causing your speakers to drop out. Stick to channels 1, 6 or 11. Don't let your router choose it's own channel, that can cause potential issues as the speakers have to chase the channel changes mid-stream.

Finally, try a full reboot of your wifi network. Power down everything that connects to your router, and the router itself. Bring up the router, and then each device, one by one, allowing enough time for them to fully boot up and grab a new IP address before moving to the next device. Might be worth looking at the manual for your router and investigating reserving IP addresses for your speakers out of the normal IP addresses handed out, to ensure that this kind of thing wont' happen again.

Finally, if none of this helps, I'd recommend that you submit a system diagnostic so the fine folks at Sonos can take a look at the log files from your system and see any potential hazards.