Question

One connect:amp is shutting down my network

I am having issues installing a connect:amp onto my existing sonos system. The amp will be the 8th piece on my system. Here's the problem: whenever i connect the amp...it locks up my network (i cannot access anything...internet on my phone, internet on my Mac, PC etc...). 30 seconds after I unplug this amp (it is connected with ethernet cable as the others), my network functions fine. I have trouble shot 3-4 times and it's definitely this amp that is causing the problem (after a lot of tests!). what do you suggest I do to fix the problem?
I may submit a system diagnostic (with the number of the diagnostic)?

6 Commentaires

It sounds like one of your switches is blocking STP traffic. A loop is going undetected and a broadcast storm is taking the network down.

List the make/model of your switches, particularly the one serving the CONNECT:AMP.
Niveau d'utilisateur 7
Ratty sounds correct.

If you plug it in power only and not to Ethernet does it work ok then?
Bin it.
Plug and prey!
This is the relality of cleverly advertised stuff like sonos
We all know its not as good as they say it is
If after 2 or 3 mins of ******* around its not working throw out of window before you waste your life :)
Lifs too short to be on a ***** forum page,first time for me on any forum in 6+ years but due to large intake of brandy and being pissed off with my sonos systems and even worse bendover apple ***** rip off service-pay for my *****?i think not f^
Thanks troll.
I will try to connect only via the wifi instead of via ethernet and i will give you the result.
Thank you.

Commenter