PLAYBASE Ordered/Shipping Thread

Userlevel 4
Badge +5
What colour did you preorder?
How will you be setting it up? Satellites? SUB?
What is this replacing, if anything?

I ordered:
- black
- will be running PLAYBASE only
- replacing a traditional 5.1 system

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

20 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2
I've ordered a playbase to replace two Play 1s. Also bought a Sub to go with it. The 1s will become surround speakers. All replacing a 5.1 system
- black
- playbase only

my cc just got charged, order status says processing now
Userlevel 4
Badge +5
lol at the measly number of responses to this thread. Got my shipping notification this morning.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
No movement on mine yet. Hopefully soon
lol at the measly number of responses to this thread. Got my shipping notification this morning.

nice, hopefully i will get a shipping notification soon

No movement on mine yet. Hopefully soon

whats you're order status?
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Out of stock. Order placed on March 07, 2017
Userlevel 4
Badge +5
Out of stock? Seems like a weird status if you were able to preorder a month ago.

hmm that's strange. did your cc get charged the full amount?
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Not yet seen a charge. Just the order confirmation email that I received on the 7th
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Status has moved to "processing "
Status has moved to "processing "

should be shipping out soon, I got my tracking number the other day. if i was still in the west coast i would have probably gotten it before the weekend!
Userlevel 4
Badge +5
Looks like they've printed labels but aren't shipping them until the weekend to ensure they don't arrive before Tuesday.
Received my playbase (black) yesterday! First impressions: stellar sound...nice base response, slick design, as expected well engineered, quality packaging, and super easy to set up.
Received my playbase (black) yesterday! First impressions: stellar sound...nice base response, slick design, as expected well engineered, quality packaging, and super easy to set up.

wow nice! i'm excited for mine to come! do you happen to know how it compares to the play5 or playbar?
Anybody else's status saying backordered? I preordered mine on the 12th; the order email said it was expected to ship on the 4th. Getting a bit nervous that it might be delayed...
Userlevel 4
Badge +5
Just got mine! The Purolator tracking number never worked despite saying it shipped on Tuesday. I was out for the morning and it was on my doorstep when I got home. A little disconcerting that it was just left on the step without requiring a signature but I'm glad no one stole it and I get to play with it over the weekend!
Just got mine! The Purolator tracking number never worked despite saying it shipped on Tuesday. I was out for the morning and it was on my doorstep when I got home. A little disconcerting that it was just left on the step without requiring a signature but I'm glad no one stole it and I get to play with it over the weekend!

awesome! please let us know how it is!

wow nice! i'm excited for mine to come! do you happen to know how it compares to the play5 or playbar?

I don't own a play bar so can't provide a hands on comparison, but I do have a gen2 play 5 which I love and the low end the playbase produces and overall sound when streaming music is impressive and as enjoyable even though focused on home theater. I expect the extra woofer speaker and S port gives the playbase extra ummph compared to playbar.
I don't own a play bar so can't provide a hands on comparison, but I do have a gen2 play 5 which I love and the low end the playbase produces and overall sound when streaming music is impressive and as enjoyable even though focused on home theater. I expect the extra woofer speaker and S port gives the playbase extra ummph compared to playbar.

Nice! Would you say it's on par with the play:5 from an overall sound and fidelity perspective? Does it get as loud?
Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Nice! Would you say it's on par with the play:5 from an overall sound and fidelity perspective? Does it get as loud?

I don't own a Play:5 but have heard one in the past and think that the 5 is capable of much more bass than the PLAYBASE. PB has great sound but I think the 5 would "boom" more.