Sub adjustment - made easy

• 18 April 2017
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Is there a way to adjust the sub (bass) settings that is quicker than the current multi step process:

Settings
Rooms settings
Select room
Advanced audio
Sub settings
Adjust sub level

Yes you can save 2 of those steps by Selecting adjust EQ but it's still deep in the menu.

You see the problem is most songs were recorded with a wide range of bass mid and high.

For my listening taste I tend to adjust bass more than the other two and when I switch to TV listening 9 out of ten times I need to reduce the bass if I was previously listening to music

So you see the seven step process for bass adjument is a bit cumbersome, for me. A bass or audio adjust button that is not buried so deep would be a real nice feature.

I have a suggestion. Why not offer a customized button/menu option. Like a hyper link kind of deal that end users can program to do one thing that they find would help get the most out of their Sonos system. I'm sure everyone has a list of things they wish Sonos would do. Maybe just let us all make one custom command button?

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Hi mrgrundy

Hey, that's a great idea, we always monitor the community for new ideas and for determining new features of our products and software.

Keep the Suggestions coming and Enjoy the Music!
Badge
Is there a way to adjust the sub (bass) settings that is quicker than the current multi step process:

Settings
Rooms settings
Select room
Advanced audio
Sub settings
Adjust sub level

Yes you can save 2 of those steps by Selecting adjust EQ but it's still deep in the menu.

You see the problem is most songs were recorded with a wide range of bass mid and high.

For my listening taste I tend to adjust bass more than the other two and when I switch to TV listening 9 out of ten times I need to reduce the bass if I was previously listening to music

So you see the seven step process for bass adjument is a bit cumbersome, for me. A bass or audio adjust button that is not buried so deep would be a real nice feature.

I have a suggestion. Why not offer a customized button/menu option. Like a hyper link kind of deal that end users can program to do one thing that they find would help get the most out of their Sonos system. I'm sure everyone has a list of things they wish Sonos would do. Maybe just let us all make one custom command button?

Thanks
I love this idea too...same issue for me as well...increasing sub for certain musics and then having to dig deep again for adjusting down for tv...favorite buttons like my old yamaha amp had was a great feature...used it all the time!🆒
Would be great if we could set one sub volume for TV and another one for example spotify.
Badge

Settings
Rooms settings
Select room
Advanced audio
Sub settings
Adjust sub level

Thanks

I just finished adjusting the sub volume for the bazillionth time and decided to head to the boards to ask Sonos to make it visible in the global volume mixer right alongside the other zones.

What is the software reason/requirement behind nesting it under it's parent zone anyway? Just curious what design decision/hardware restriction led to that in the first place.
Userlevel 4
Badge +14

What is the software reason/requirement behind nesting it under it's parent zone anyway? Just curious what design decision/hardware restriction led to that in the first place.

I can't speak for Sonos, but from an API perspective, the control commands for the SUB are actually sent to the parent player, even though the SUB will accept control commands as well. But if you do send it to the SUB, it will be out of sync with whatever level the parent player think it has (IIRC). That could have controlled the decision to group it with the parent player.

But I do think some third party mobile apps supports macros which can retain certain settings (including the SUB), which might be useful. Like Sonosequencr for iOS or Macronos for Android. If you wanna get your hands even dirtier, you could even programmatically automate the SUB levels based on different sources by using 3rd party APIs or directly against the Sonos UPnP API.