Song jumps randomly to next track before song finished since iOS 10.3.1 update

• 16 April 2017
  • 6 replies

Never had this issue until iOS update 10.3.1 on iPad Air . But still plays perfect from my iPhone 7 on iOS 10.2.1. Controller software is 7.2

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Diagnostic 7305833 submitted
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Never had this issue until iOS update 10.3.1 on iPad Air . But still plays perfect from my iPhone 7 on iOS 10.2.1. Controller software is 7.2

Hey erictoll - Welcome to the community. This is what I am seeing in a review of the diagnostic you submitted. The system is retaining the wireless credentials for your home's wireless network, which is only necessary when using the system in the standard setup. As you have the PLAYBAR wired to the network, your system no longer needs the WiFi credentials as we are creating our own wireless mesh network. What's happening is that the players keep on beaconing to the home's wireless and connecting to that and then deciding to jump back over to connecting to the PLAYBAR. I believe this to be the source of the playback troubles.

I would like for you to go through the process of removing the credentials from your system. On the iPhone select Settings > Advanced Settings > Wireless Setup > Next > Reset

After making that change, let me know if you're still having playback issues from the iOS 10.3.1 device and we'll take another approach.
Obviously I can try your suggestion, but if there is a wifi / mesh issue why would the iPhone play without issue?
Only the two updated iPads have issues.
Ok . Tried that. Wifi reset failed, even though my it tools sniffer can see all devices on the network with an ip. Also, my wireless wrap is centrally located,
Whilst the sound bar is at one end of the house. Will mesh give me distance issues?
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
The mesh can be susceptible to distance; however, the diagnostic shows that distance is not an issue.

From what I can see it's not that the players don't have an IP, it's that they are shutting down every ten minutes or so and getting the same IP because they're jumping between the standard setup and SonosNet.

At another glance of the diagnostic, I believe the WAP and SonosNet are on the same channel, which may be causing a bit of wireless interference. As a best practice, we recommend placing the home's wireless and Sonos' on different channels.Can you change the channel Sonos is operating on or the channel of the WAP? After making the channel change, please try and remove the wireless credentials from your system again.

I tested playback to Sonos from an iPod running iOS 10.3.1 and didn't have any issues. The initial diagnostic didn't report any playback errors, so just to confirm is the source of playback when the track skips from "On this iPad" or a music service? Can you reproduce the issue and the post an additional diagnostic here for my review? The additional diagnostic will also be beneficial to see how communication is after the channel change.
This same situation is occuring with our iPad Pros (2) and iPhone 6.0 (2) ever since we upgraded to iOs 10.3.1, I have reset the controllers at least a couple of times and the situation persists... Very annoying considering the money I spent for five products (4 3s and 1 5). When can we expect an upgrade to solve the issue? Otherwise , I shall return my Sonos to the purchase point for a refund since they are still covered by the warranty.