Does not turn on

• 12 March 2017
  • 7 replies

My Play 5 do not start when switched on. There comes a white light for a few seconds and no more happens

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Not sure what you mean by "switched on". Are you turning off and on the power to the unit? It is intended to be left "powered" all of the time, and moves into "low power mode" after a small amount of silence.

It's possible in the app to turn off that LED "White Light" so it would only show up when powering up, and then turn itself off.

Can you see the speaker in whatever version of the app you are using? Can you stream music when the white light is off?
Hi

Thanks for the reply

It has been turned on and off due to other items.

Suddenly it stoped working. Now there is no light only for a few seconds when the power is turned on again.
Couple of things, then. First, if you can connect to it using the app, I'd highly recommend running a system diagnostic and submitting the number here, so that Sonos can look at it.

If you can't, then I'd recommend calling in to the Sonos help line.

If I were to guess, it sounds like you may have a hardware failure, likely exacerbated by continually powering it on and off. But I'm just guessing based on what you've posted, and an uninformed opinion is worth every penny you pay for it. Get the Sonos folks on the phone, and they'll be able to help you more than I can.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
So to clarify - are you recommending keeping all speakers powered up at all times 24/7? Surely not?
Indeed, that's what they're designed for.
Userlevel 7
Badge +18
are you recommending keeping all speakers powered up at all times 24/7? Surely not?
Yes, all Sonos components are designed to be powered up 24/7. Powering them on and off shortens their life span considerably.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Thanks guys. Every day's a school day!