Unable to connect new laptop to Sonos to play existing iTunes music library

• 7 March 2017
  • 2 replies

I'm hoping someone can help me with this problem. Before getting a new laptop I had no problems accessing my iTunes library and playing on my Sonos via my wireless home network. I could also play iTunes through my iPad Sonos app. Now that I have a new laptop, I just can't get the music library set up. Both laptops were/ are PC and my new laptop runs with Windows 10.

I'm not very technical but I'm good at following instructions. This is what I have done so far: I have downloaded the controller, followed all the tutorials on managing the library settings (adding the new folder, disabling my firewall, setting my windows network to private), and still my library doesn't show up. I have removed and added the iTunes music folder numerous times and while I can "add" the folder, I am not getting the option to adjust sleep settings or any of the other screens shown in the online tutorial When I check my imported playlist, my music library is not showing up. I have tried indexing and still nothing. I'm getting really frustrated. I can "see" my entire library on my ipad but that won't play on Sonos either. The only thing that will play without any problems is Pandora. What am I not doing right? Thanks in advance.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I'm hoping someone can help me with this problem. Before getting a new laptop I had no problems accessing my iTunes library and playing on my Sonos via my wireless home network. I could also play iTunes through my iPad Sonos app. Now that I have a new laptop, I just can't get the music library set up. Both laptops were/ are PC and my new laptop runs with Windows 10.

I'm not very technical but I'm good at following instructions. This is what I have done so far: I have downloaded the controller, followed all the tutorials on managing the library settings (adding the new folder, disabling my firewall, setting my windows network to private), and still my library doesn't show up. I have removed and added the iTunes music folder numerous times and while I can "add" the folder, I am not getting the option to adjust sleep settings or any of the other screens shown in the online tutorial When I check my imported playlist, my music library is not showing up. I have tried indexing and still nothing. I'm getting really frustrated. I can "see" my entire library on my ipad but that won't play on Sonos either. The only thing that will play without any problems is Pandora. What am I not doing right? Thanks in advance.

Hi Beba63,

Mind sending in a diagnostic report? Reply with the confirmation number and I'll check it out for you.
Hi Jeff, thank you for taking the time! I actually resolved my problem. It was something simple, all my music files were saved in the cloud and not on my new laptop's hard drive. I didn't realize Apple was weird about third party access.Once I downloaded everything to my hard drive, it all started working perfectly. Thanks again.