Question

App Draining Battery in Background

• 13 April 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge
I recently discovered that the Sonos app is that number one drain on the battery in my iPad. Yesterday the battery monitor under Settings on my iPad reported that 80% of my battery usage was due to the Sonos app--7 min active and 10 hours plus in background. I am now using the app to make changes and then killing it until I need to use it again, but this is a pain. Is there another solution?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

There's another thread in which this is discussed for many pages. The recommendation consensus seems to be to turn off the lock screen controls, which works for some people, but not all. It apparently creates an invisible song playing all the time so that it can appear on the screen (and I'm probably oversimplifying and more likely screwing up that explanation), and Sonos hasn't been able to fix it yet. Based on the length of that thread, I'd hope its relatively high on their radar, but the odd thing is, I don't have that issue on any of 3 different iOS devices, so it seems to be a random occurrence. Obviously, there's something that triggers it, but I've not seen any discussions that lead me to believe there's a "here's how to reproduce", which makes it hard for engineers to fix it.
Badge
Thanks, Bruce. I see that the lock screen controls were on on both my iPad and iPhone. I've turned them off to see whether that fixes it. BTW, I have the problem on both my iPad and iPhone.

I searched for the topic before creating a new one. Do you recall how to find the earlier thread?

Dan
Not to worry, my experience with the search function with this board has been hopeless as well, so I've given up on it.

Here's the thread I was referring to.

https://en.community.sonos.com/controllers-software-228995/sonos-controller-draining-battery-on-ios-6601645

Hope that this solution works for you!
How To Improve iOS 11 Battery Life On iPad 🆒 https://www.howtoisolve.com/improve-ios-11-battery-life/