Answered

Playbase Remote Volume control

• 5 April 2017
  • 9 replies

Grouped Volume
Any ideas why sonos won't allow the volume control using a remote control on the Playbase won't allow you to lower the volume of a grouped speaker also. Use the Playbase with a grouped speaker in our open kitchen and would like the volume to go and down in sync.
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 6 April 2017, 00:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi somelegend, simply speaking, the IR command is only going to the PLAYBASE and it doesn't get transmitted to other players. This was the intended design because often if you have rooms grouped with your PLAYBASE (or PLAYBAR) they're in separate physical rooms and you aren't looking to adjust the volumes on all of them at the same time with the remote, just the room it's in. The remote commands aren't meant to work across the whole group, just like pressing the physical buttons on a player don't turn the volume down in every room of the group, just the one you pressed the buttons on.

There are cases where this isn't so, such as you're describing, but they don't come up much.

I'll pass on the feedback for you to the team that you'd like this to be an option, but no promises for the future. Thanks for sharing!
Hi Ryan, Same issue here: Playbase in Breakfast area with a 5 in the kitchen. Would be very helpful if TV remote controlling Playbase controlled all "Grouped" speakers (same issue in Master, grouped Playbase with Connect Amp.).
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi Ryan, Same issue here: Playbase in Breakfast area with a 5 in the kitchen. Would be very helpful if TV remote controlling Playbase controlled all "Grouped" speakers (same issue in Master, grouped Playbase with Connect Amp.).
I added your voice to the request.
any news on this topic, I experience the same issue with my PlayBase
I´m using the Playbase grouped with a connect controlling an active subwoofer and also like the IR commando to lower the volume. Any news?
I too would love to be able to control the volume with my remote for the Playbase and 2 speakers!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
There are remotes like the Logitech Harmony that do much more for Sonos control. iport Xpress remote also probably adjusts whole group. I haven't tried Alexa volume on group.
So I can’t use my tv remote to control the volume for the group?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
no the tv remote IR sends to the playbar and only controls playbar volume via IR.