Question

Adjust Playbar volume using Samsung TV Remote

• 27 February 2017
  • 1 reply

I've connected my Playbar via the optical cable to my new Samsung 65" TV (Model: UN65KU6300FXZA) and turned off the TV speakers. But I can't seem to figure out how to have the volume of the Playbar go up and down while using the TV remote. How do I do this ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I have a different issue - but I have got this bit to work OK on a different Samsung TV.

During set-up did the instructions on the Sonos App take you through trying to use the TV remote to adjust the volume? If so I am guessing it didn't work.

Some reading I have done for my issue seems to indicate that Sonos Playbar will work with IR (infra-red) remote controls but not RF (radio frequency ones). I think the more modern Samsung remotes (that have the pointer style control) are the latter and therefore not supported. Though I did see a few links to a work around that I didn't open - try searching for Samsung RF and songs Playbar?