Answered

Amazon Fire TV

• 2 March 2017
  • 6 replies

Badge
Amazon Fire TV has 4 settings for audio and I'm wondering which would be the best to choose.

My audio is HDMI through a Vizio M65-D0 monitor which supports Dolby Digital Plus.

The four options are:
Dolby Digital Plus Automatic (If your HDMI device does not support Dolby Digital, you will receive stereo.)
Dolby Digital Plus OFF (HDMI will provide stereo only)
Dolby Digital Plus over HDMI (If your HDMI device does not support Dolby Digital Plus, you will not hear sound.)
Dolby Digital over HDMI (If your HDMI device does not support Dolby Digital, you will not hear sound.)

(Is it true that Sonos does not support Dolby Digital Plus?
icon

Best answer by Stuart_W 2 March 2017, 10:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
The Playbar does not support DD+ so choose the last option
PLAYBAR doesn't support DD+. It generally won't fit through an S/PDIF anyway.

If the Vizio is set to output DD (AC-3) on the S/PDIF then between the two of them the TV and the Fire should sort it out. If not, simply set the Fire to output DD over HDMI.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I posted in this thread 2 hours before ratty posted. My post still hasn't been moderated yet I have received a notification as I'm subscribed!!

Bloody ridiculous!
Ah, okay. Didn't mean to tread on toes.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Ah, okay. Didn't mean to tread on toes.

You didn't. You can't see I posted and nor can I. I suspect my post is either still in moderation or been deleted.

You said it better than me anyway!!

Edit: And now my post is there!
Badge
Thanks guys!