Question

Low Sky HD box audio

• 21 April 2017
  • 2 replies

Hi I have just set up my new Sonos Playbase using the optical cable connected to my Sony Bravia TV. And the audio from my Sky HD box is significantly lower than when I listen from the TV channels and when streaming music. Is there a way to solve this.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Hello Gingerchimp1886,

Welcome to the Sonos Community. It sounds like your Sky HD box or Sony is using a 'variable' volume output. This means the Sky HD box has it's own internal volume control and is likely set on the lower side of things. I would suggest taking a look at the audio settings in your TV and Sky Box. You will want to scan the settings for an option that says 'Variable' once you located you should be able to toggle this to 'fixed.' This will allow the TV or Sky box to output a full level signal to be decoded and amplified by your PLAYBAR. If this advice does fix the problem, please reply back with the full model of your Sony TV and the full model number of the Sky HD Box, so we have a better idea of what we are working with.
Userlevel 2
Badge
I have the same issue with a sonyTV and sky - some channels much quieter than others - did you manage to solve this?
from what i can see the sound for stereo is lower, then dolby 2 then 5.1 as I flick through the channels. It means I have to constantly adjust the volume. I tried the setting above but it seems to make no difference other than when 'variable' is elected the volume bar adjusts normally rather than just a message "volume is fixed'