Play 1 or Play 5

• 22 April 2017
  • 3 replies

I currently live in a small ish apartment and have one play 1 for the living room I want to expand and am debating Between a play 1 or play 5. If I went with the play 1 I would create a stereo pair and leave them in the living room. If I went with a play 5 I'd keep that in the living room and move the play 1 to the kitchen or bedroom. I worry that the play 5 would be To much for my living room but I do like having multiple zones
Thoughts are welcome

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

If I went with the play 1 I would create a stereo pair and leave them in the living room. If I went with a play 5 I'd keep that in the living room and move the play 1 to the kitchen or bedroom. I worry that the play 5 would be To much for my living room but I do like having multiple zones

It really comes down to what you prefer; stereo pair or multiple zones. If the latter, a 5 will be the ideal choice. And in future, you could add another 1, make a pair in the living room and move the 5 to another room and get best of both worlds!
Badge
Hi!

If i were you I would have gotten with the Play 5 first and move the Play 1 to the bedroom. Im pretty sure you would hear the 5 from the living room as well in the kitchen but still be able to wake up with some nice tunes in the bedroom.

Going for the next step i would just add a play1 to the kitchen and the bathroom later.

Hope this helps!
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
Get the play1 and pair them up. Then as budget allows get more play1. I buy them 2 at a time for pairing / balancing a room. As you acquire more scatter them around the apartment and you will have multiple zones as well as total sound coverage without it being to loud if you sit near one. I would also add a sub to the mix. - Kris 🙂