Question

Wiring Whole House Ceiling Speakers w/ Pre-existing speakers and cables in centralized cabinet

• 18 April 2017
  • 3 replies

I already own a Sonos Connect:AMP and I would like to hook up the rest of the rooms of my house.

My house is about 11 years old and was wired with good speakers, but an obsolete media playing system. There are 3 Rooms that I would like to hook up to their own "Room" on the Sonos app, so that they can all play different music hypothetically.

All of the wires to the speakers are already wired to a centralized cabinet in my living room. My question is, would it be best I buy 3 more Connect:AMPs and just hook them up to the cabinet located in the living room?

Thanks a lot,
James Boucher

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8
That would certainly work. Does the cabinet have the proper ventilation to house the Connect:Amps and keep them cool?
That would certainly work. Does the cabinet have the proper ventilation to house the Connect:Amps and keep them cool?

I'm sure with some wire managing I could try to install some fans. But it housed surround sound amps and other big equipment, I imagine the ventilation is decent?
Certainly worth double checking. I'm not an installer myself, but I've opened up a few cabinets in my life and considered frying eggs on the devices therein.