Question

Do I understand my needs?

• 17 April 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge
I've done a bit of research (and tried to find the answer in this forum but didnt!) and wanted to confirm I understand what I'm interested in buying We primarily stream music and play records--both through our old receiver and speakers. We're looking to keep our receiver and ditch the speakers both for better sound and better size. Our receiver is not near our router so I am looking at a play:5 to be able to connect our reciever/record player to for the living room- without the need for a connect or bridge or other tools Additionally, a single play:1 for the outdoor porch to be able to broadcast the records inside or stream other tunes. Am I on the right track?

Thanks for the novice support,

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Hi. Maybe you are, maybe you aren't. It depends what you want to achieve. The Play:5 is an amplified speaker. Therefore your receiver would not really be influencing the sound. Is that the intention? How do you currently stream music through your system?
Badge
Thanks John--Archaically, we stream music by connecting our phone to a aux line on our receiver. I *think* I'm less concerned with the receiver influencing the sound, and just being a venue for projecting our record player. If we did want the receiver to influence the sound--how else might our system be configured?
Turntable direct to Play5. With a phono pre-amp needed if turntable does not have one-