Sonos - Optical / HDMI ARC hub with IR receiver ?

• 4 April 2017
  • 1 reply

I like the "Play" Speakers and the Sub, but I'm not crazy about the playbar / and the playbase will be too obtrusive which would still limit the surround configuration. Something that I thought would be amazing is if Sonos could build a stand alone hub that can input optical or HDMI ARC and stream all of the decodable surround channels based on how many speakers you buy & configure. basically using a hub to deploy any configuration from 2.1 4.1 5.1 7.1 7.2 and more for atmos overhead configurations! Thus using "Play" speakers and the sub without the wires. This would be an amazing opportunity for Sonos to get me to buy lots of their current speakers! and also quadruple their sales with products already in place.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I'm praying every day for this to happen, I will not hesitate to buy more Sonos speakers if this happens,common Sonos,