Question

Surround all of a sudden missing from network

• 10 March 2017
  • 3 replies

I have a network around the home consisting of a Play 5, a solo Play 1 and a surround set up running off the TV that has Playbar, Sub and 2 x Play 1's. These are all connected via a bridge and a boost. I recently noticed that I can no longer see the surround system, but can still access the Play 5 and solo Play1. I've tried power cycling the router, bridge and boost; changing the channel; rebooting the controller app. Any advice on what I can try to bring the surround back into the network? To be clear the surround is all working off the TV - I just can't see it from the app controller.

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have a network around the home consisting of a Play 5, a solo Play 1 and a surround set up running off the TV that has Playbar, Sub and 2 x Play 1's. These are all connected via a bridge and a boost. I recently noticed that I can no longer see the surround system, but can still access the Play 5 and solo Play1. I've tried power cycling the router, bridge and boost; changing the channel; rebooting the controller app. Any advice on what I can try to bring the surround back into the network? To be clear the surround is all working off the TV - I just can't see it from the app controller.

Thanks

HI CU51NDY,

The PLAYBAR is connected to your TV with an optical cable so it'll function even when it's not communicating with the rest of your network. It sounds like the PLAYBAR and surrounds have lost their network addresses. Most of the time rebooting the PLAYBAR, SUB and PLAY:1s will cause them to reconnect to your network and show back up on the Sonos app. Please try that, and if it doesn't work, send in a diagnostic report from your Sonos app and reply with the confirmation number.
Thanks Jeff. I'll give this a go in the morning and come back to you!
Thanks for taking the time to help out Jeff. All up and running now..!! 😃