Question

Harmony Ultimate Remote issue with Playbase

• 13 April 2017
  • 3 replies

I have the Harmony Ultimate remote that I'm using with my Sonos Playbase which for the most-part works really great! The issue I'm having is when the TV is first turned on there is a delay of several minutes before the volume becomes controllable with the Harmony remote. I've checked and rechecked my connections several times and still have the issue when the TV is first turned on. I get TV sound immediately, but I don't get control of the volume or mute for several minutes. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance for any information you can pass along.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Yea, kind of.

There's a "start up" sequence that you'll need to play with in the Harmony Remote sequence. And I'm not at home to look at mine, but I have the same issue on my Vizio TVs. I have to wait about 30 seconds or so until I can change the channel on the DirecTV box or adjust the volume on my Sonos until the Harmony is "done" booting up. I know I've messed with them in the past, and it's somewhere in the same place that you adjust the delay for pushing channel buttons. Wish I could remember exactly where in the software it is, sorry.
Thanks that was the key I was missing. I had to go into the device sequence setup and install the Playbase in the list and it all works perfectly now!

Thanks for the help.
Happy to point you in the right direction 🙂