I demand a Chrome extension. I demand it now.

• 22 February 2017
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 3
  • Contributor I
  • 3 replies
I want the finest Chrome extension for Sonos known to man. I want it here, and I want it now.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

Lol
Yes. This.
i demand you listen to the demanding guy.. hes right.. there are only 1 BILLION android users..
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
And what does Android have to do with Chrome? Because there's already an Android app. And given the number of people that have asked for this over the past 8 months, It doesn't seem like it would be worth Sonos' efforts to develop this.

Given that Sonos has shot down a Universal Windows Platform app - which could be used under Windows 10, Windows Phone (for the few out there), Xbox One, and other Microsoft devices - I don't think they'll ever make a Chrome extension/app.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I'd just be happy with a browser based controller. No update hassles like the Windows/iOS/Android apps. It could be used from any platform that has a web browser.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
As I have now been given a new job, "designated Sonos music controller" basically turning me into a replacement for our now dead CR-100s for the wife who hates tablets and doesn't have a Mac or Windows on her computer I would like to ask once again that a browser based controller be considered. Please!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
So which controller does she like better right now you or the CR-100?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
The CR-100, it doesn't complain if you wake it from sleep mode...
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
haha! Nice!
Userlevel 1
I smell a Chromebook user....
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
We do have a couple Chromebooks, mostly unused unless we take a trip, not sure why that is an issue?

What we do have that we'd like to use Sonos from are multiple Linux and BSD systems.
Have you tried running the Android controller on your Chromebook?
Userlevel 1
Stanley. Oh that makes sense! I'm an ubuntu/firefox user and don't ever expect a linux compatible desktop app but a browser extension would be great. In my experience it's always Chromebook users who ask specifically for Chrome extensions because they cannot install anything else.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
ratty, I saw that Android controller mentioned here and tried to use it only to find that it requires a much better chromebook than we have. We only use the Chromebook to check web-mail and update hotel reservations while on trips so it isn't worth buying a fancy one that might work for me, not mentioning that to the wife though, she is missing her CR-100s today.

Roor Baller, I usually use OpenSuse and their Chromium build that is a bit different than the Google version of Chrome but it runs most Chrome extensions with no issues. I'd think if a Chrome extension proved popular a "whatever Windows uses these days" something for a Mac and a Firefox extension might also prove popular. If I was Sonos I'd seriously consider dumping the desktop clients once they get extensions working well.