Playbase Logo Placement - irritating

Userlevel 2
Badge
I find the Sonos logo on the front of the Playbar unit to be downright irritating. Its going to be right in front of my face all the time that I am in the lounge room. There should be an option to remove the logo and replace with a blank plate

Why do vendors always put banner ads on their equipment ? I paid to own it not advertise it.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Playbar or Playbase?

Stick some tape over it - masking tape and then colour to blend in
First.World.Problem. :8
Userlevel 5
Badge
You mean like every one of their other products?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Going to post gibberish
Userlevel 2
Badge

You mean the ones that sit on the cupboard behind me where I don't have to see them ? Then , yes.
Userlevel 2
Badge
First.World.Problem. :8

Sure. I guess you walk around with corporate logos on shirts, hats and trousers. That you paid said company to wear ?
Userlevel 5
Badge

You mean the ones that sit on the cupboard behind me where I don't have to see them ? Then , yes.

What TV do you have? I bet you there's a logo on that too. Oh how inconvenient.

Sure. I guess you walk around with corporate logos on shirts, hats and trousers. That you paid said company to wear ?

Yes I do. I put the level of impact of this on my life to be just below the fact that the sun will eventually devour the Earth in about 4-5 billion years.

Yes I do. I put the level of impact of this on my life to be just below the fact that the sun will eventually devour the Earth in about 4-5 billion years.

What?!!!!

I suppose the OP doesn't own a car, or a refrigerator, or a computer, or pretty much any other device made in the world.

I'll admit that I have in the past removed such "advertising" from my cars, since they do annoy me, but I've never been one to expect that the company that produces them would make a device without their logo. So, like Stuart_W suggests, I sometimes use electrical tape, although more often that's to hide LEDs that you can't turn off. Fortunately, Sonos allows me to do that in their software.
Userlevel 3
Badge +5
Name one product that does not have a brand logo or emblem. Which universe are you in?:8
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
I find the apple logo disgusting, I mean c'mon it has a bite out of it

oh look a kitty:D
Seriously. I don't believe they came into your home and added it after you made the purchase.
I just chanced across this while negotiating Korean spam. Hilarious thread, made my day. OP, thank you:D