Easy Equalizer for Sonos (app)

• 24 March 2017
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Hi all,

I bought my Play:5 months ago and have been frustrated about how many menus we have to navigate to open the equalizer for a room.
I am the kind of user the changes the equalization very often (for each album I could say), so I ended up making a personal app to do the job. Now I am releasing it as beta in Play Store.
It is stupidly simple, and that is the idea.

I released it as a beta for now, so you can't find it on Play Store using the search, only with the direct link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eduardosemprebon.easyeq

If you find it useful I would love to hear your opinion and get feedback in case of bugs.
I have no other Sonos device, so I tested the device switching with a Samsung TV 🙂. Curious to know if it works for someone with multiple Sonos devices here.

Thanks
Eduardo

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi Eduardo, many thanks for this product. I've installed and used itvia android to control a Play1 in the kitchen and a Play 5 in the lounge. No problems at all. Are you hoping to develop this into a full blown 10 band equaliser? If so I think you are onto a winner - I would gladly pay for it. Good luck.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Hi Eduardo, many thanks for this product. I've installed and used itvia android to control a Play1 in the kitchen and a Play 5 in the lounge. No problems at all. Are you hoping to develop this into a full blown 10 band equaliser? If so I think you are onto a winner - I would gladly pay for it. Good luck.

Thanks for your feedback @Falcosr60. Glad you found it useful.
Regarding the full 10 band equalizer, I believe it would require a very dirty and tricky work but it seems to be possible one day. Not out my my plans 😉
Works great!! I just purchased a Play:5, this is much quicker than navigating through the Cosmos app. Thanks!
Hi Eduardo, firstly thanks.
I have 4 play 5's and two 3's, it works fine on all except on the 3's the purple line is a bit jumpy but ends up where you slide it to.
I think it'd be useful to be able to adjust all the speakers at once instead of one at a time.
I tend to only adjust for music, (higher bass), and audio books/podcasts, (lower bass)
Cheers