Question

App crashes when trying to add new speaker

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I have a bunch of Sonos speakers already working merrily. I’m trying to add one more era 300. The app recognises the new speaker, connects it to my network, then the app crashes.

I can see the speaker in my system but I can’t use it, and it is asking me to register it. When I do that the app crashes again. I have factory reset the speaker several times. I have removed the Sonos app and reinstalled it. I have tried this from three different iOS devices and the app crashes on all of them.

Sonos support told me to post something on here as they didn’t have a clue.

Can anyone help? 

8 replies

I have the same issue - tried a bunch of times. Are you using the updated app - iam and wondering if thats the issue 

Same issue trying to add the One SL. 

I’d call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

Same issue here, on the new app. Can see the product, added to the system, but can’t be used as labelled as unregistered. Trying to “Fix it” crashes the app.

Same issue - started on the old app. I was able to add it once, then it kept disconnecting. Tried resetting today in the new app and I get the same problems other describe. App crashes, Fix it does nothing. frustrating. 

Using the new app and new amp and sub. Both get stuck with the register fix it.  App must have an issue. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

See my other post for a workaround for this 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2