Answered

Any known issues wih Samsung s90c + Sonos Arc?

• 27 January 2024
  • 6 replies

Hi - I’m about to purchase a Samsung s90c, but before I do I wanted to check if anyone has had any compatibility issues with the Sonos Arc. I originally had a Samsung q90T that I’m getting rid of - it has an issue with my Sonos Arc where the sound will cut out for a second every 15-20 minutes when Atmos is turned on via my PS5. When I had my playbar connected to it, it had awful sync issues. Needless to say, the Q90t has to go. But if anyone here has experienced issues with the Samsung s90c please let me know. I’m also considering the LG c3 but I don’t like the picture quality as much.

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 30 January 2024, 17:04

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Matt781, welcome to the Sonos Community!

There’s nothing in our systems regarding any known issues with the Samsung S90C, so you’ll be fine with going for that TV to use with your Sonos Arc. You may need to adjust some of the TV settings, such as enabling Anynet+ or disabling the internal TV speakers, but other than that, it should just be plug and play.

I don’t have a Samsung TV, nor a Sonos soundbar, so I can’t offer more than general advice. If any other users come across this thread then they may be able to offer their advice and findings on using Samsung TVs with Sonos.

If you do go for this TV and have any issues, then please don’t hesitate to reach back out here on the community or via our support team.

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 1
Badge

I also have a Q90T and have the same issue with PS5 and Apple TV when feeding Atmos to Sonos Arc system.

have you bought the S90C? Are the issues gone? I am also planning the same upgrade.

do you have 65 inches? And you went bigger?

thanks

I bought the s90c and love it. So far no issues. Went with the 77. I don’t regret my purchase. Amazing tv. Better than the LG c3 imo. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you for replying

so safe for me to upgrade from q90t to s90c? I don’t want to have the same Sonos Arc / Atmos issues as before

is the image quality also a big upgrade?

do you use external inputs like Apple TV / PS5?

do you also have Era 300 surrounds and Sub?

I can’t guarantee it, but I’ve personally had no issues so far.

image quality is outstanding. I use it for ps5 and it’s great with arc/sub/sonos one 

good luck 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have upgraded from Samsung Q90T to S90C and no issues with the Sonos Arc + 2 Sub + 2 Era 300. No more audio drops on Apple TV 4K in Dolby MAT Atmos!