Question

Can't add my first Sonos device?

Hi, 

I got a Sonos ONE Gen 2 from my wife, and I’m trying to connect it. It’s my first Sonos speaker and I have tried the following.

Downloaded the S1 app → The app told me, that my speaker has S2 software

Downloaded the other Sonos App (On iPhone) → logged in to my account and tried to connect the device.

It said something didn’t work → We’ll try something els.. I follow the instructions on the app, connected my phone to the temp wifi from the speaker, It played the pin sound, twice, was unable to connect.

I tried hooking it to ethernet cable, same s***..

I tried resetting the speaker, I tried resetting my app, I even tried resetting the Wifi. Nothing worked…

I tried installing the Sonos App on my iPad since the troubleshooting said, try another mobile device..

Same s*** again. Nothing worked… It just keeps saying “Getting the Sonos One ready” until, it says “There was a problem setting up Sonos One. Let's try something else.” And then it want’s me to connect to the speakers local wifi… And the circus starts again.

What to do anyone?

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

The right answer in this sort of situation is always to call Sonos support on the phone - they are very good. https://support.sonos.com/contact

I have The same problem after the new app appeard. V,80.00. Not able to add speakers. Hope there will be A fix wery soon. 

Badge +1

same. i just got 4 new speakers in the mail and am unable to add them to my system with the new app.

the app recognizes the devices, updates the speaker, but fails to remotely register them to my system for some reason.

i was eventually able to add one speaker (the mini sub) using my wife’s phone, which still had the old app on it. however, it seems like the software update that the new app triggered on the other speakers (era 100s and beam) made it so that the old app cannot register the new speakers either.

the speakers all show up as Not Registered on the system sheet of the mobile app and the error messages that i’m receiving when trying to fix them are:

• Sub Mini is not Registered. Fix it
  • There was a problem adding your Sub Mini to your system. Try again later.
  • Beam is not Registered. Fix it
  • There was a problem adding your beam to your system. Try again later.
  • Era 100 is not registered. Fix it
  • There was a problem linking your Era 100 to your account. Try again.
  • etc

i’ve tried several times, power cycling each speaker and my phone, but no dice.

i’ve tried with the iOS sonos app running v80.00.00 and v80.00.04

Badge +1

update: i was able to get these speakers added by factory resetting them and trying again with the new app.

i used an old android phone to add them this time, which was also running running v80.00.04. the iOS app didn’t seem to work even after the factory reset.