Question

Cant get passed update screen

I am trying to set up my new Sonos (Roam and move 2) I’ve created my account, connected my speakers and now it’s telling me there is an update available and I must login as the owner. I am logged in as the owner both in my app and website. When I click continue it just keeps going back and telling me to login as the owner. I can’t get passed this screen. I’ve tried logging in and logging out and deleting and reinstalling the app. I have the lastest versions as well. Please tell me how to fix this.

6 replies

I’m having the same issue. And a 70 min wait to talk to someone. Absurd 

Same issue and 75minute wait time….on hold now

Waited 2 hours finally got a nice guy who could not fix the issue. Said I had to wait until they fix the app issues. 

Waited 90mins for a rep. He walked me through removing the app and hard reset.  Was able to fix the update problem.  App still has issues processing the Truplay.  Says app issues are worldwide and should be resolved “shortly”, and will send me an email when fixed.  Beam Gen 2 sounds much better after getting the update to work.  Nice rep, but very frustrating way to spend money and Friday night.

I have the exact same problem with the new app (iOS) and a Beam Gen 2.

Same problem w Move. So frustrating. Thinking about going back to a wired system. This is kindof ridiculous.