Dumpster fire turns into fire sale

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Several posters are threatening to dump/sell their systems following this fiasco update. 

Who's going to buy a crippled system except at a knock-down price?   The update's reputation will rapidly become common knowledge. 

Good luck! 

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Keeping mine for 12 months if the app doesn’t work by then I’ll go to the tip

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

This will all make no difference to Sonos’ fortunes, or to people’s intent to sell. It’s easy to knee jerk right now, but a couple of updates more, and it will be a massive Sonos love-in. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

It’s clearly a work in progress but I think the foundations are sound.  Visually it’s an improvement and it looks better thought out albeit with a lot missing.  It would be good if someone from the company gave reassurances that the missing bits will be reinstated sooner rather than later, but the mods go quiet at times like this — I don’t blame them as this mess isn’t of their making, but total silence is t good either.

I think dumping the kit is rash - we’ve been there before with S2 and we got through it.  Updates will follow in quick succession as we know the functionality is there (such as alarms, local libraries etc) — it’s only the UI elements there were missing at initial release.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

This will all make no difference to Sonos’ fortunes, or to people’s intent to sell. It’s easy to knee jerk right now, but a couple of updates more, and it will be a massive Sonos love-in. 

Too little, too late.  You could be talking months... 

My advice is to use the speakers as UPnP endpoints. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

They are already at 3 versions of v 80.00 so more than just a couple of updates more IMO. But agree, I wouldn’t knee jerk sell your players, better to find ways to work around this dumpster fire for a period of time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Looking at it differently, I’m looking for panic-sellers to see if I can buy something nice for a good price. Once Sonos clears this current mess up the value will come back.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Looking at it differently, I’m looking for panic-sellers to see if I can buy something nice for a good price. Once Sonos clears this current mess up the value will come back.

Not so much a venture capitalist but more a vulture buyer, then 😁😜

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I’m too old to venture my capital, I trend to stick to sure things, even if they pay out a bit less.

What I’d really like is the GPS locations of all the dumpsters folks are tossing their Sonos in. Gas to get there might well be cheaper than an ebay panic sale.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I’m too old to venture my capital, I trend to stick to sure things, even if they pay out a bit less.

What I’d really like is the GPS locations of all the dumpsters folks are tossing their Sonos in. Gas to get there might well be cheaper than an ebay panic sale.

In the USA maybe, petrol in Europe is about 6 usd a gallon ⛽🇺🇸😁

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

If purchased recently then take them back to your dealer as "not fit for purpose" and demand a refund.