Question

New Sonos App not working correctly using Music Library Folders

Userlevel 1

Just updated to the new app and found that the main way I play music to my speakers has been broken.  I utilize “Music Library” > “Folders” to play music so that I can choose which FLACs I play over the Sonos system (I had to downsample some HD FLACs so Sonos can play them).  This has always worked with both the S1 and S2 controller apps.

However after the update, it will still play the song I selected but it shows “No Title” for the song title, does not show time played/remaining, and does not proceed to the next song as normal if you were to select a song in an list of songs from an album.  Everything works fine if I go into “Music Library” > “Artists” or another method of selecting songs.

3 replies

Userlevel 1

the new SONOS controller update is horrible on every level. I lost access to libraries, lost my boost, no ability to adjust sound from the volume anymore, try to turn volume down and it shoots up to 80, I have mixed components that can only work with different releases of the app, can't delete superfluous widgets from home page, can't delete obsolete stations etc etc. 

It's really the Worst release I've ever experienced with ANY app!!

IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!!

The same here for me. But i don’t use flac just mp3. No title in the screen and only plays one track from an album / directory

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Things should improve next month, according to this: