Question

roam won’t connect to Sonos app

Userlevel 1

Just updated to the new Sonos app and Rome will not connect to the app. Information in the app says Rome is not registered. Let’s fix it. I keep going through the steps and it fails each time. I have done a factory reset and a reboot and nothing has resolved the issue

14 replies

I just bought a Sonos Roam and have experienced the exact same issue. Am hoping this can be fixed soon.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

This is the sort of issue where it really is best to call Sonos on the phone and work through it with them as they have all the tools and experience and are very helpful. They will ask you to send a diagnostic from within the app (web app works too) and then get you working. Go to https://support.sonos.com/contact

I hadn’t updated the app on my iPad. This morning I added the roam with zero issues using the previous Sonos app. If you have a device you haven’t updated yet you can try this way. Good luck.

Userlevel 1

Just off the phone with Sonos support. They had me sign out of my account quit the app and then open up the app and sign back in. This seems to have fixed everything. I would recommend giving this a try.

Just off the phone with Sonos support. They had me sign out of my account quit the app and then open up the app and sign back in. This seems to have fixed everything. I would recommend giving this a try.

Worked for me!

Mind, this was after the app update, finding my Arc and two OneSL’s were connected, but no Roam. Factory reset later and connected the Roam, but no registration. After signing out and back in, registration process worked.

Thanks for the post and follow up!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Yep my Connect was reporting ‘not registered” So followed some tips from you guys and logged out of my iPhone app and then logged back in, then followed the instructions to get the Connect linked to my system and all worked!! Happy days !! But why didn't Sonos say you had, in certain circumstances to do this since they relaunched the new app?  - Oh, and the new app sucks man !!!

Having the same problem with a Play:3 and Era 100.  After updating to the new app those two items disappeared from my system (several other items appear fine).  I factory reset the two missing items and tried to reconnect - I get them to appear in my system with the “it’s not registered - let’s fix it!” button.  Clicking that immediately crashes the app.

I tried the sign-out, quit app and restart, that didn't make a difference.  I even went one better and did sign-out, delete the Sonos app, restart my phone, redownload the Sonos app and try again. Still crashes the second I touch “let's fix it.”  I’ve replicated this on both my iPhone and iPad.  I even tried the Mac app which can’t seem to get past a “you need to update → you’re up to date” loop.

The suggestions to just call would be much more helpful is the quoted wait time wasn’t 50 minutes.

Massive fail here guys.

To be fair…the subject from the OP was the Roam. Sorry to hear you’re having problems with other models.

I had the same issue getting the roam to connect initially, but reset my router and the roam , and the Roam finally connected, THEN I used the Registration fix.

You saved my life! I wasted a few hours doing again and again restarting everything to solve  the same problem in all kind of order! Why isn’t it suggested somewhere on the path sugested by Sonos to simply try this??? 

Works for me too!

Thanks. I’ve been tearing my hair out with this. That worked a treat. 

I had Roam problems after the upgrade. While it works singly, it won't run as a pair with any other speaker. 

Solved! Had to force a Roam update - it wasn't offered automatically. 

I had the same issue with the registering of the roam. Login out of the sonos account in the app and then back in enabled me to register it to the network again and everything works as expected.