Question

Sonos app

Userlevel 2

I just updated to v 80.00.04 of the ios app and I can’t see any way to shuffle my entire music library. I can still do it from the desktop app and it will then work on the app but the queue comes up as empty and there appears to be no way to initiate a shuffle of the music library from the app.

Am I missing something or is this somebody’s bright idea of an “improvement”?

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I just updated to v 80.00.04 of the ios app and I can’t see any way to shuffle my entire music library. I can still do it from the desktop app and it will then work on the app but the queue comes up as empty and there appears to be no way to initiate a shuffle of the music library from the app.

Am I missing something or is this somebody’s bright idea of an “improvement”?

It’s the best upgrade of a downgrade ever!!!

SONOS hates their customers 

Userlevel 2

So I chatted with tech support about this and they told me shuffle would added back in a future update. I asked why they removed such a useful feature in the first place. Here’s the answer I got:

These changes have a significant impact on our Sonos journey; however, I can assure you that all changes are for the better, with the goal of keeping up with technological advancements and ensuring your data security, which is our top priority. Please bear with us while our team works hard to complete your fully functional and user-friendly app.

Hilarious. I think they should start using Chat GPT to provide them with answers if this the best they can do. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Try emailing the CEO  at ceo@sonos.com