Question

New, May 2024 Sonos S2 app network access

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’ve just upgraded to the new, May 2024 Sonos S2 app.  It wants local network access (photo).  It already has this.

I’ve toggled Sonos’ local network access on and off in iPadOS settings.  No luck.  The app just keeps asking for access.  I’m now unable to use my Sonos system from the device I use most.

Does anybody else have this problem, and is there a solution other than to wait for Sonos to fix it?

Peter

30 replies

Me too… I’m on iOS 17.5 developer beta so wondered whether that was the issue?

I suggest that you take this up with SONOS support. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’m on iPadOS 17.4.1

I’m having the very same issue… working fine on my iPad & iPhone 15 (v.17.4.1) but not working on my iPhone 14, same firmware. Deleted, resetted countless times, Local Network is ON but still cannot find the devices 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Same situation here as above. The strange thing is that the application indicates in the settings that there is a system nearby.

But as soon as you click on that, everything starts all over again. This means it is virtually impossible to use my Sonos systems.

iPhone 13 with iOS 17.4.1.

Userlevel 2

Same here on iPhone 14 Pro 🙁

I have exactly the same issue IPhone 14 Pro Max …………tried everything including 50 minutes onto Sonos customer care. Still in the same boat

my iPad works however artwork is missing and you can’t form queue’s only play full albums surely this is basic stuff. We should have been warned not too update the app until these basic functions become available.

i’m really disappointed!!

Having the same issue on my iPhone 14 Pro Max (iOS 17.4.1), but my iPad Pro 12.9” 5th gen & iPhone 13 Mini (iPad OS 17.4.1 & iOS 17.4.1) works fine.

Looks like a issue with iPhone 14 series only?

Userlevel 2

No Network issues for me, apart from now being unable to determine if one of my speakers is actually using an Ethernet cable that I took the trouble to provide, due to interference issues that I was having some time ago. Also, I note that there’s currently no Alarm feature available in the new app as yet. Too early to say if the dreaded SONOS chime has been cured. You would’ve thought that a company such as SONOS wouldn’t send stuff out to the general public before things like this had been ironed out eh?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Same here in the UK - Alarm function went off in the night - woke up to the apocalypse air raid siren rather than my radio service - which has also been affected. Also - cannot connect my older two very expensive Sonos speakers. Do they want me to buy new speakers perhaps?? - when they (used to) work like a dream? Very unhappy with Sonos - bad form not to communicate I.T. or infrastructure updates that affect 1000s of customers - especially faithful customers like me that have been with them since the beginning. Poor. Maybe time for a change. 👎

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Downloading the desktop app is the only way atm to add your alarms back in that I have found. Still cannot connect my older speakers - I guess they are for the graveyard now Sonos wont let them back on the app 😩

Userlevel 3

I am having the same network problem. 

Userlevel 3

I have an iPhone 13 not working on that either.

I have exactly the same issue IPhone 14 Pro Max …………tried everything including 50 minutes onto Sonos customer care. Still in the same boat

my iPad works however artwork is missing and you can’t form queue’s only play full albums surely this is basic stuff. We should have been warned not too update the app until these basic functions become available.

i’m really disappointed!!

I have the same problem… app working on iPad and computer but iPhone 14pro not working … 

Userlevel 1

Anyone from Sonos Available to figure this out?  I'm furious about this. 

I updated the app right after a new Wi-Fi Mesh install, the app said “update your Wi-Fi connection is not available in this version, please restore or hard wire” - SO I Restored and now cannot access any of my speaker system.  

Why would you do this to your app?  insane…  So anyone buying a speaker system has paper weights while we wait for someone to correct?  This stuff isn't cheap.  I assume a lot of open box returns happening this weekend.  😡

Same here.   It has been 3 days!  When will we hear answers from Sonos??

Same here. just spent a lot of £ adding to my sonos setup and now cant even use it because of this app upgrade that i didnt even need or want. SONOS WHERE ARE YOU ON THIS?

Calling Sonos help didnt get me anywhere as it had a massive wait time 

using live chat just had me doing basics such as reboot everything, etc etc

very poor show so far from Sonos!

I’ve just upgraded to the new, May 2024 Sonos S2 app.  It wants local network access (photo).  It already has this.

I’ve toggled Sonos’ local network access on and off in iPadOS settings.  No luck.  The app just keeps asking for access.  I’m now unable to use my Sonos system from the device I use most.

Does anybody else have this problem, and is there a solution other than to wait for Sonos to fix it?

Peter

Exactly the same issue. Iphone13. On hold to Customer Sevice. Has anybody found a fix….?

Userlevel 1

I had the same problem and now i don’t know how to add iTunes. 
to your problem. I had the same issue. Yesterday I was on hold with Sonos for exactly 72 minutes. I was sceptical, but my problem was that I didn’t need my small white booster anymore. The moment i disconnected it and phtnan ethernet cable into one of the speakers, the problem was solved immediately. 
Sonos still has no alarm, sleep timer and I can’t add my itunes music. Anybody else with the same problem?

anotherbquestion: do uou have to choose the music first and then the room or certain speaker?

the old Somos2 i would choose the room I am in and then search for the music. I guess i can live with it. 

I also got through on the phone after 95 minutes. Tried unplugging the Boost and using a speaker instead but unfortunately no luck. The app just keeps insisting I do not have Local Network on (I do) so it is not even attempting to look for my system. Fortunately the speakers are working for the TV due optical cable and I can play music etc directly from apps such as Spotify

Userlevel 1

In general the most disappointing thing is that Sonos doesn’t come out with a statement, acknowledging the problem and tells us that they are working on it. Silence is the worst. 

Userlevel 1

Did anyone who phoned get acknowledgement of a fault on the app from the advisor they spoken to? With the phone lines this busy, or so they let on, surely there are many unhappy customers in the same boat. I’m in a queue just now the estimated time is 75 minutes the same as yesterday, although never had time to see it through yesterday 

Userlevel 1

No - they don’t. They listen, but not repond. I think the management clearly told them not to get involved in complains.

Userlevel 1
Badge

The new update 80.00.08 fixes the “local network access” problem

Userlevel 1

How do you know which update you have? Thank you.