DO NOT UPDATE

Userlevel 4

Unless you want to lose all features and functionality to your system, DO NOT UPDATE!!  Latest update is absolute trash!!  List of issues so far:

• Music services will all have to be redone
  • No easy access to Tone settings
  • Mute function gone
  • Switching from TV Audio to Music fails and completely broken
  • Playlists gone
  • what happened to Sonos Radio
  • search function fails for 50% of services
  • volume control for grouped speakers went from 1 click to multiple

i just don’t understand how the hell Sonos thought this was an improvement.  Just roll back already

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thank you for this information, I wouldn't see it, I'm on S2 so I imagine it's this update you're talking about. Because clearly if I have more music, I risk feeling really bad and my health risks suffering.

Same here, but I didn't update it. Sonos updated it on its own. Now all of my carefully collected playlists that I've had since 2011 are GONE. . and the re designed app is not slick or user friendly or whatever nonsense they were touting.  I'm too invested to dump it all, but honestly, I am very disappointed. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Same here, but I didn't update it. Sonos updated it on its own. Now all of my carefully collected playlists that I've had since 2011 are GONE. . and the re designed app is not slick or user friendly or whatever nonsense they were touting.  I'm too invested to dump it all, but honestly, I am very disappointed. 

I had the same problem. If you are using an Android device you can install the old app and get all your lists etc back (I did) - they are not gone but not available in the new app. You can find the the guide to change back for Android devices in several threads in the group.

Crazy. Time for a new system that works. Nice update. No wonder the stock price is off 50% from 2 years ago!