Answered

Help - How do i turn off alarm now?

Userlevel 2

Hi - With the app update I can’t seem to turn off the alarm I set a couple of days ago (I won’t get into how unhappy I am that it wasn’t made clear that we’d lose this functionality). The help notes are saying to go to the web app and click on alarms from the select a music source pane - I’m on the web app but I can’t find any thing to click on. I’ve been trying for two days to figure this out…. Any help appreciated as I don’t want to wake up at 5:30am for the rest of my life.  Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Zallah 10 May 2024, 00:36

View original

9 replies

For now, before the next app update, you could control the alarm using macOS or windows app. Here are the link:

https://support.sonos.com/en/downloads

Userlevel 2

Thanks @Zallah - i was clearly using the web app rather than the macOS one.  Appreciate your help!

Welcome

What are my options if I just have an iPhone?

5:30 am for ever seems unreasonable for kit this expensive (and which worked just fine before this ‘improvement’). 

How lame is it to update functionality so that the user has to log onto a computer to shut off an alarm? Thankfully, for me, I can ask Alexa to shut off the alarm.  Sad that we need to rely on another company’s technology for our high-priced equipment to work reasonably. 

Yup. My Move2 is now in the basement, where it’ll stay until Sonos (maybe) reintroduce a way to turn on/off alarms. There are other manufacturers; time to switch. 

I don’t have a personal computer that I can do this with. Is there any other way?

Badge

I’ll chime in. I haven’t had a desktop in years. I hope this functionality returns to the app asap. This is terrible. Meanwhile, I guess I’ll have to unplug each device when I don’t need the alarm. 😔

Why remove the alarm feature?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!