Question

how can i get the previous version of the app back? this one is useless

Userlevel 4
Badge
  • Contributor I
  • 0 replies

The new version of the app makes it extremely difficult to navigate with various sets of speakers in my house . Absolutely useless. No comparison with the previous version i urgently want back 

64 replies

Presently, there is no way to revert.

Userlevel 2

Totally agree with fkug. This new version is rubbish. Can’t edit playlists or add to queues. Please provide way to revert to previous version.

Userlevel 2

Totally agree with Doug and RG1956.  App unusable in multiple rooms.  Also no way it would seem to update music library? Please do make the previous version of the app available to revert back to.

Userlevel 1

This app is non functional for me trying to group speakers together with my tv. It is such garbage and basically renders the entire system useless for me. 

Userlevel 1

Total garbage !!! I believe if they didn't test it before why they released it? 

I downloaded the previous version from this link. Please check for viruses before downloaded . I don't want to be blamed I just want to help

https://sonos.en.softonic.com/android/download

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Roll back steps to 16.1:-

I uninstalled the sonos app.

Went to apkmirror.com on my phone browser, and downloaded Sonos 16.1 (arm64 v8a). Then opened the download folder and ran the install. (You may have to select the permissions on your phone to allow you to do that). Following install I turned off wi-fi and mobile data, then went to play store and selected do not automatically update apps. Then turned wi-fi and mobile data back on, then ran the app and signed in.

Userlevel 3

Thank you, thank you, thank you! 

I agree.  It’s missing favorite features like add to end of queue. I have to use a laptop.  

Userlevel 2

Agree- want my prior version back.  Only half of my Spotify playlists appear now.  This is not what I signed up for….just horrible 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Roll back steps to 16.1:-

I uninstalled the sonos app.

Went to apkmirror.com on my phone browser, and downloaded Sonos 16.1 (arm64 v8a). Then opened the download folder and ran the install. (You may have to select the permissions on your phone to allow you to do that). Following install I turned off wi-fi and mobile data, then went to play store and selected do not automatically update apps. Then turned wi-fi and mobile data back on, then ran the app and signed in.

Sorry for a basic question.  Guess this is for android.  Any solutions out there for iPhone users?  Thanks. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Is this the forum to provide feedback directly to Sonos on just how bad this new app is?   I know like Apple has a feedback page as they don’t monitor forums.  How does Sonos handle it?  I used that CEO email just to make myself feel better.  No idea if it’s monitored.  I hate this new app.  I haven’t updated my desktop but I usually use the iPhone app that I did update unfortunately. 

Userlevel 5
Badge

For Android,

1. uninstall the horrific update

2.  Download https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/sonos-inc/sonos-for-android/sonos-for-android-16-1-release/sonos-16-1-android-apk-download/download/?key=e881d846854b30f47a779beb111eaffdff104abc

3.  Open the apk to install

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Don’t forget to uninstall the updated app first and disable automatic updates for the SONOS app in the Google Play app store (search for the SONOS app and disable automatic updates for this specific app only).

Userlevel 2

I know it might be impossible but: Any idea how a roll back might work for iPhones?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I know it might be impossible but: Any idea how a roll back might work for iPhones?

You are correct there’s no way to do that on iOS sorry 

Userlevel 2

Alot of money invested in the Sonos indoor and outdoor sound systems. I am a big Sonos fan and promoter to friends and family. Unfortunately, the software release has significantly shaken my confidence. The functionality of this “upgrade” does not work near as good as the prior version by limiting my playlist access from Spotify and making it more difficult to use as defined in the other threads. It now appears there is no way to revert back to the prior version for iPhones.

While we all make mistakes, I believe a company's character and value is how they respond to adversity and listen to the customers they serve. This software release was clearly rushed and without much thought and testing...maybe someone's internal agenda item or goal for a bonus vs a true customer need...who knows?  if I am correct, folks should be fired given the problematic and costly impact it is having to its loyal customer base.  

With that said, I hope management is listening, acknowledges the mistake and makes it a top priority to resolve the issues prohibiting their customer base from using the sound system they purchased and loved up until this point. Providing options to re-install and/or revert back to the prior version is a good immediate next step.    

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Any go back for ipad iphone

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Any go back for ipad iphone

No

Userlevel 1

This update is just bad.  It mangled a delightfully simple and highly useful interface by introducing a bunch of advert-lookin garbage, and forces navigation through several layers of audio controls just to be able to control individual speaker volumes.   If this is preparation for Sonos to get in on the advertising dollars cash-grab at the expense of users and the user experience, there goes my appreciation for the company and subsequently, its products.   Please give back the original app (I’m on iPhone, so no rollback option for me). 

Sonos, do again, do right!

just go back to what worked. Once again Sonos has decided that their customer’s requirements do not matter. Not content with having forced people to junk working speakers when the S2 app was released, having sorted a previous issue with how easy it was to set alarms, now they decide that you don’t need them at all. Please include an option to be able to roll back any future updates while people test them properly in the real world, and maybe put think about actually asking your customers what they use before forcing them to look elsewhere.

Userlevel 1

The new Sonos app is horrible!  It’s like some engineer hit scramble and then put it in a blender.  Not intuitive and completely unnecessary.  My speakers now seem to be cutting out randomly.

Sonos sound quality:  A+

Sonos app:  F

Sonos conveinience/usabilty/reliability/user friendly:  F

Likelihood to recommend Sonos to friends/family:  0

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

After rolling back to S2 with an APK, I made sure to turn off auto-updating BOTH in the the Google Play store (don't auto-update apps) AND in the S2 controller itself (settings -> system -> system updates -> no to update automatically).

I want there to be NO chance they just shove something like this on me again.

Userlevel 2

I just wanted to set a sleep timer. It’s just gone from the iOS app. I adapted to the new interface; not loving it but I can make it work. But I cannot understand why so much functionality was just completely taken away. Seriously!? The speakers giveth and the app taketh away. Is there any other app that will work with Sonos speakers - emphasis on WORK?

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’m on iOS so I guess I’m screwed. Thanks Sonos for releasing this incomplete junk. 

The main thing I use this system for is an overpriced alarm clock (Sonos Amp paired to 5 Sonos architectural speakers) and now I can’t even access the freaking alarm any more. So much fail. This is ridiculous.